The 'Yet Another Mass Murder' Thread

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Student dies, teacher hurt at Oregon high school; man with rifle deadLos Angeles Times

Granted, this one was only partially successful.

I figure the 'niche' of mass homicide somewhat transcends the politics, cops and gun control threads and there are now too many to have individual threads for every Slenderman/School/Woman Killing incident.

More visibility or more crimes? Are mass murderers misreported as white and having few troubles simply to add to shock value?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
anyone even care anymore?

not this guy

iannis

Musty Nester
This is the new normal. I was hoping that back when they were saying that 5ish years ago they were just being pessimistic and hyperbolic to drive ratings.

Buuuuuuuuuut

How long do we have before people really do start to opt out of compulsory public education. How long before we REALLY do revert to separate but equal in an attempt to contain violence?

I dunno. Maybe within my lifetime.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How long before some blue state actually starts implementing a mass buyback/turn-in and destruction campaign for firearms?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How long before some blue state actually starts implementing a mass buyback/turn-in and destruction campaign for firearms?
Isn't New York pretty much the closest to this? I recall some county or something going door to door to inspect registered firearms.

iannis

Musty Nester
Also a possibility. But I don't think it's entirely a gun control issue.

THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT GUN CONTROL.

Just kidding, obviously availability is one limiting factor which could be controlled. But I think it's easier to segregate first and regulate second rather than attempt a global regulation. Just because you need fewer people to agree to trying it. You can do that at a county/state level and keep it tied up in legalities for a few years, which is the reverse of how it has to work if you attempt a global program.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
I have a dream of each child in every classroom fully capable of dual wielding their concealed pistols, with their hi-cap silenced assault rifle slung across their backs learning from the good teachers about pistoleering, scavenging, foraging, and other useful future 'Murica skills.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
A cop at every door. That's the obvious solution.
just hang one of these on the school door. they are working wonders in chicago

25185507_SA.jpg