The Young Pope

elidib

Vyemm Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Young Pope

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2016-10-21

Creator: Paolo Sorrentino, Jude Law, Diane Keaton, Silvio Orlando

Cast: Ludivine Sagnier, Diane Keaton, Cécile de France, Javier Cámara, Toni Bertorelli, Jude Law, Silvio Orlando, Scott Shepherd, James Cromwell, Daniel Vivian

Overview: Lenny Belardo, the youngest and first American Pope in the history of the Church, must establish his new papacy and navigate the power struggles of the closed, secretive Vatican.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Just got done watching season 1. Overall I really liked it.

I thought it was going to go one way from the first episode, and then it started going a different way toward the middle, and then by the end it was going in a completely different direction. Sometimes the progression was a little jarring, but I get now how much he changed throughout the series.

Hey by the way, if you download this, make sure to go out and get subtitles for every episode, there are a loooooooooooooot of foreign language parts, of many different languages.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hmmm I knew this was a multi-company partnership, but I did not realize that HBO in the U.S. was going to be the absolutely last place this show premiered.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Where did this show originally? What country? This shit looks amazing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have HBO but only one episode is on demand. Obviously the whole season is out though, sucks I am gonna have to download. First episode was very good I thought.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I have HBO but only one episode is on demand. Obviously the whole season is out though, sucks I am gonna have to download. First episode was very good I thought.
Always the conundrum I am in. I love this, I wanna support your product... But damn I don't have the patience.

Still yet to watch this, gonna get on it after I finish The Night Manager.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Caught the two episodes on that are on HBO so far. I have no idea what to think or even what exactly the point is but I enjoyed the bold...boldness of it? Very different for sure and I'm going to keep watching it to see where it goes.

I am pretty sure Jude Law will win some kind of award too.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The story so far seems to be "Jude Law is the pope now, and he's walking around being weird and smoking cigarettes". I was a little drunk on football beer when I watched the first episode so I thought maybe I was missing something, but episode 2 seemed to be similar.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I watched the first two episodes last night and I dig it so far. Knowing the entire season was already out, I'll probably download the rest.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
4 episodes in now and maybe I'm missing something but I don't find it all that compelling.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I only got 20 minutes into the first episode. Didn't help that my copy didn't have subtitles for the Italian dialogue, but I still thought it felt pretty flat. I figured this shit was going to be set back in time, with some Borgias level craziness going on, but instead we get Jude Law bitching about his cherry coke.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think it's probably good, but you shouldn't be too surprised at the lack of comments.

Buncha WASPS.

Not too many people interested in a South American Jesuit biopic. I will watch it, I'm just going to have to be in the right mood.

Oh, it's not about Francis. I really thought it was.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Sexy and I Know it montage in this episode was great. Pius XIII doesn't fuck around.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is so strange, I don't even know if it is good or not. It is moderately entertaining, with great performances. The most impressive thing has to be the cinematography and the set pieces though. I would love to know their budget.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel as if I am watching a work of art that I almost but don't quite understand. Jude Law is amazing though. I think? Maybe he's just fucking off? It's hard to tell, heh.

It is very good in its own way, especially if you are familiar with the Catholic Church. There is almost a parallel between him and Trump, not to bring politics into it, but that is the general feeling I get.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Episode 6 was by far my favorite episode so far & ironically it had my least favorite moment of the season.

The Baby drop was the first chink in the armor.

Despite that moment I think this is the best show on television & that is saying a lot considering how much I love Black Sails.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Didn't even realize they were releasing two episodes a week.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel as if I am watching a work of art that I almost but don't quite understand. Jude Law is amazing though. I think? Maybe he's just fucking off? It's hard to tell, heh.
This is how I feel. I've watched the first 4(I think) episodes and it's just a very strange show. That said, I like it.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database