Theater Chain Death Watch? Chapter 11s inc

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Theater of Horror (2018)

Genre: Horror

Director: Will Collazo Jr.

Cast: Darren Assante

Release: 2018-03-20

Runtime: 71

Plot: Four actors go on an audition for a new experimental play in New York City. They had no idea that they would be auditioning for their lives. When director Victor Marx makes this theater of the macabre far too real the four actors find themselves in the middle of his sick game. Find out who will survive the "Theater of Horror".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

Don't know if anyone cares, but been in the news a bunch lately, AMC is at the edge of bankruptcy, but
the major shareholder the Chinese Dalian Wanda Group says it isn't true.
Cinemark just had to layoffs and furloughs for all it hourly workers, but thinks could reopen July 1
Cineworld appears to be doing the best and still plans on buying Cineplex

1587051502768.png
1587052519445.png

1587052651375.png
1587054215309.png

1587053396727.png

__________________________________theaters___screens
AMC Entertainment_______________ __661______8,200 (2019)1,006 and11,091 globally
Cineworld/Regal Cinemas __________558 ______7,306 (2018) 9,500 globally
Cinemark Theatres _________________525_______4,566 (2018)
Cineplex____________________________164_______1,676 [Canada]
Marcus Theatres ____________________90 _______1,098 (2018)

Debt
AMC $4.9 billion
Cineworld $3.6+ billion
Cinemark $3.4+ billion

a great vid on AMC's history and stuff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Please, not Alamo Drafthouse. The rest of the big ones can all go die in a fire though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sooner they die, the sooner I can watch at home for $20 night 1. I miss going to the arcade, but thank god they never adopted the movie theater system.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just think, if Moviepass had held out for a few more months they would have been able to get a government bailout for their completely unworkable business model.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Time for the rebirth of the drive-in. My town still has ours at least!

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Goatface

ours is already open, showing Trolls world tour and Dolitle for $8. normally they do like 3 weeks of kids friendly then have triple feature with at least 2 R rated ones. think it is best place to watch horror. it has mountains on 2 sides and a river and stream on the other 2. around 11, a fog rolls in and it is creepy as hell lol.
think i would go more, but the screen sucks. instead of using panels/sheets, they used boards that are not the full height of screen, so there is a line across the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
ours is already open, showing Trolls world tour and Dolitle for $8. normally they do like 3 weeks of kids friendly then have triple feature with at least 2 R rated ones. think it is best place to watch horror. it has mountains on 2 sides and a river and stream on the other 2. around 11, a fog rolls in and it is creepy as hell lol.
think i would go more, but the screen sucks. instead of using panels/sheets, they used boards that are not the full height of screen, so there is a line across the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Yeah our place is in the same state of disrepair. Also it's like a mosquito breeding ground.

Goatface

1587150827606.png

AMC Entertainment announced late Thursday that it intends to raise $500 million in new debt in order to improve its balance sheet.
The company believes it has enough liquidity to withstand the closure of its movie theaters until a partial reopening ahead of Thanksgiving after the debt offering.
Currently, AMC has suspended all operations through the end of June.

stock went from $2.42 yesterday to a high of $3.85 today
March 31, had $300 million cash on hand

• 2Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
View attachment 263606
AMC Entertainment announced late Thursday that it intends to raise $500 million in new debt in order to improve its balance sheet.
The company believes it has enough liquidity to withstand the closure of its movie theaters until a partial reopening ahead of Thanksgiving after the debt offering.
Currently, AMC has suspended all operations through the end of June.

stock went from $2.42 yesterday to a high of $3.85 today
March 31, had $300 million cash on hand

Your thread now has a poster, if you have a movie with a poster in the database you think fits better let me know.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
last time i went to the drive in, the movie Grease was premiering. for reference, it sucked. the speaker they supplied was garbage and it was daylight when the movie started, (8pm) so you couldnt make out what was on the screen til almost an hour into the movie.
40 years later, has anything changed?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
last time i went to the drive in, the movie Grease was premiering. for reference, it sucked. the speaker they supplied was garbage and it was daylight when the movie started, (8pm) so you couldnt make out what was on the screen til almost an hour into the movie.

Last time i went you could use your car radio for the sound or the speaker. I have never had problems with the screens. It is obviously not as good as an in theater experience but has gotten better since they went to digital instead of reels for the projectors.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Last Drive In Season 2 starts tonight on Shudder!

EWPZddnXsAAxY_-.jpeg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I went to a drive in for the first time in my life last week!! Saw some IFC movie called Resistance. The atmosphere was chill, was nice to be under the night sky like that. Ive been wanting to go to the drive in even before all this happened, so glad I knocked that out. I'll def do it again soon, getting all the trashy food was half the fun though so kinda worried about my diet..

Now on the other hand my local AMC was remodeled a couple years ago, plush full recline seats and all that, AND the tickets range from 5 dollars (on one weekday a week) to maybe 9 at most. I only go during the day so the tickets are cheap. Will be sad to see it go under because I cannot deal with non-recliner seat movie theaters ever again. I need to be comfortable.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
AMC Says It Won’t Play Universal Films Anymore

Going forward, AMC will not license any Universal movies in any of our 1,000 theatres globally on these terms.

Accordingly, we want to be absolutely clear, so that there is no ambiguity of any kind. AMC believes that with this proposed action to go to the home and theatres simultaneously, Universal is breaking the business model and dealings between our two companies. It assumes that we will meekly accept a reshaped view of how studios and exhibitors should interact, with zero concern on Universal’s part as to how its actions affect us. It also presumes that Universal in fact can have its cake and eat it too, that Universal film product can be released to the home and theatres at the same time, without modification to the current economic arrangements between us.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

How fucking old are you??

• 1Worf

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Universal announced today that trolls world tour made more in 3 weeks of home release than trolls made in five month theatrical

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
and AMC has said they will not show Universal movies anymore lol

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database