Things you enjoy to do at work or at home..

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
at my job i am a robot welder, quite uninteresting until the programming part starts, wich only happens when they have new machine parts.

At home i started airbrushing about a year ago, i always did some drawing but airbrushing was this whole new territory i just wanted to try to venture.
here are a few things i made, i am no vandemon or mike lavallee, only been doing it for a bit over a year now....

pedal car for my son. but making him a new one.
rrr_img_17783.jpg

my wife's motorcycle helmet
rrr_img_17784.jpg

minibike.
rrr_img_17787.jpg

rrr_img_17783.jpg

rrr_img_17784.jpg

rrr_img_17787.jpg

rrr_img_17783.jpg

rrr_img_17784.jpg

rrr_img_17787.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i collect and restore tobacco pipes. nothing large scale like you guys do , but it keeps me busy at flea markets and garage sales. there isnt a pipe i cant bring back.
unless the bowl is burnt out or its just plain old broken into pieces.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like woodworking. I've built all the bedroom furniture, coffee tables, and dining room furniture in the house. Made a custom bar, as well. Love it.
I've been wanting to learn how to build furniture for a while now. I need to get some tools besides just a drill.

Was shopping for furniture and saw that for the amount of money you spend on particle board shit, you can buy real wood and make it yourself. So there's a labor cost (and tool cost), but otherwise you get something vastly superior.

nuday

Golden Squire
i collect and restore tobacco pipes. nothing large scale like you guys do , but it keeps me busy at flea markets and garage sales. there isnt a pipe i cant bring back.
unless the bowl is burnt out or its just plain old broken into pieces.
Do you smoke, as well? I'm assuming you don't just restore them and never use one.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you smoke, as well? I'm assuming you don't just restore them and never use one.
yes definitely. I have about 5 dozen vintage, estate, new, new used pipes and smoked almost all of them at least multiple times. Thats not to say im a smoking fiend. I typically light up a bowl of kickass tobacco 2-4 times a day. I also collect pipe racks, pipe lighters and reamers and tools.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Who the fuck uses rainbow themes on their browser? Gay.. and inefficient.
That's a good question. Maybe you should track down the person who originally posted this. The two of you could then hook up, share tips on browser themes, and then jerk off together. I found it by GISing "Masturbation Station." GL&HF!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
In all seriousness my spare time goes into home improvement currently, i.e. putting rooms in the attic. Living room & office & small bathroom. Currently doing all the drywall stuff. It's only a Saturday thing though because between working full time and spending time with the kid it's just not worth it on a weekday.

nuday

Golden Squire
yes definitely. I have about 5 dozen vintage, estate, new, new used pipes and smoked almost all of them at least multiple times. Thats not to say im a smoking fiend. I typically light up a bowl of kickass tobacco 2-4 times a day. I also collect pipe racks, pipe lighters and reamers and tools.
I only get to smoke occasionally, and even less now that my daughter is going to be here any day now. I recently purchased a churchwarden from McQueen Pipes, and it is decent as far as my standards go. I don't know a ton about what a good smoke is yet, though.

A side note: never order from McQueen. Worst experience I've ever had purchasing anything.

nuday

Golden Squire
They make the replica pipes, I think. I ended up getting one that I'm sure is inspired by LotR. The nightmare was the customer service, for me. I waited four months, emailed, waited two more months, emailed, and finally got the (wrong) pipe in the mail.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
those arent cheap pipes either. what did it set you back? 50 bucks? the major problems people were having was how cheaply they were constructed.

nuday

Golden Squire
I don't even remember, now. I think it was somewhere around 60. Honestly, the quality isn't that terrible when I compare it to the churchwardens that I found around town.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I had another one before this one that I posted pics over at the old FoH. I'm not sure what happened to them. It was a squared off design with no curves.

I also build and fly giant scale R/C planes between 25% and 42% scale of a full size plane. Here is one I had in the shop a while back right before I moved, need to get started on it again and finish it up. This one has a wingspan of 96" and is powered by an 80cc gas engine. For size reference it's sitting on a house door.

DSC00498.jpg

This is a gunstock I'm working on. I duplicated it using a DRO on a mill from a stock I already had. I still need to inlet it for the action/barrel and finish it etc...

2013-01-19180100.jpg
Fantastic stock!!!