Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I posted the launch trailer for the original version a couple pages back. The only real similarity was that it was isometric. What we were shown looked way better than Lost Ark, in my opinion. It just boggles the mind that they would decide to scrap that and release this crap instead.
I remember it had a weird thing where you could instantly switch characters unless I’m thinking of something else. Wasn’t a fan of that part but otherwise it looked neat.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I remember it had a weird thing where you could instantly switch characters unless I’m thinking of something else. Wasn’t a fan of that part but otherwise it looked neat.

Yes, that was in the original version, although it was rarely shown or discussed. How is that any different than instantly switching weapons in this version? The "classless" thing isn't really classless. It's more free multiclassing like in Archeage. Although, a bit more annoying since each weapon and it's skills require significant investment. There is essentially no difference between switching weapons or switching avatars.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yes, that was in the original version, although it was rarely shown or discussed. How is that any different than instantly switching weapons in this version? The "classless" thing isn't really classless. It's more free multiclassing like in Archeage. Although, a bit more annoying since each weapon and it's skills require significant investment. There is essentially no difference between switching weapons or switching avatars.
I agree its functionally very similar to weapon switching but I don't like it mostly for RP purposes. I enjoy making a character, selecting a class, and progressing. There will never be a good RP reason to swap freely between characters. For lack of a better word, it's incredibly gay.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I agree its functionally very similar to weapon switching but I don't like it mostly for RP purposes. I enjoy making a character, selecting a class, and progressing. There will never be a good RP reason to swap freely between characters. For lack of a better word, it's incredibly gay.

So, what would be the difference if the second avatar was separate and you had the ability to give them commands? Like in Swtor and other games? Still gay? It's possible that the second avatar is just a traveling companion that is not displayed onscreen at all times, many games do this.

Basically, what you are saying is that things that you personally don't like are "gay". And that you don't like them because they don't mesh with your idea of "RP" (lol). I don't like your subjective opinions and hyperbolic statements, because they don't mesh with my idea of intelligent discussion. Using your logic, that makes you gay. Are you gay?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
No the fact you don’t like my opinion makes you gay, not me. Duh.

Why don’t more games do the magic character swapparoo thing? Only other game I can think of off the top of my head that does that dumb shit is a Korean phone game, whatever the fuck it’s called.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

I played an NCsoft MOBA by the name of MXM some years ago that basically used this concept. I was extremely skeptical at first but this honestly brought such a fun element of strategy and gameplay that it made up for how terrible the rest of the game was. This game is bland as hell and there is nothing interesting or engaging, I would have much rather seen them try something new and burn than continue with this crap.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Isn't that a common thing in mobile RPGs, though? TL was initially designed as mobile gacha, if I remember right, and that's a common theme there: collect characters, switch between your "team" as needs must.