Titan Quest

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Also a shitty progression system where you spent like 75% of your points on passives

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The game was decent, but it had a player made total conversion mod called Underworld or something that made it 10x better. Wonder if the guy who made that mod is still around and plans to update it for the new version.

• 1Like

Hatar

Trakanon Raider
I loved TQ back in the day. I just moved this summer and cleaned about my game drawer and saw the discs. Ended up donating them....

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also a shitty progression system where you spent like 75% of your points on passives

Wait, what? Passives are the best. I'll take mostly passives plz.

A dozen situational active abilities sucks ...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

whaaaa?

oh, and I did own it on steam. nice. wonder if I'll find the time to get it another playthrough.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This game was so amazing, and incredibly underrated. While the gameplay/mechanics weren't as good as Diablo II, I always liked it just as much due to being a major mythology junkie. The world of Titan Quest was awesome.

The thing that most hurt the game for me was the lack of random map generation. I tried to replay the game several times, but each time I would get a couple stages in and start getting bored at running the same old maps as before. The game would have had much more replayability if there had been random maps like in Diablo II. I just skimmed the new features in the anniversary edition and I didn't see random maps listed. :(

I never got into mods, so maybe there was a mod that did it.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
The combat feels so slow and unresponsive in this game. Once you get some decent movement bonus it improves somewhat, but it never became fun for me.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It had auto-arrange / auto-sort buttons I thought, though I hated the extra 'bags' that were smaller ala the d2 cube. Then again, was easy to grab the mod that gave you a shared stash page that you could access that was huge.

Favorite thing to do in TQ was to grab one of the max-mob mods where you'd have hundreds of goatmen, or whatever version of Fallen they had and then give them all epic loot. Bodies flying everywhere, explosions of loot, always fun!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Anniversary edition is bugging out for me. I have a solid enough computer but I'm getting hitching every 2-3 seconds when fighting. I also remembered that there really isn't any difficulty you can choose, which sucks. I appreciate newer games that offer harder difficulties with more rewards out of the gate. Here you're forced to play through normal and I'm pretty sure the higher difficulties are only so because of level increases.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As far as I remember the game wasn't Diablo3 easy though, but then again I'm pretty sure I've never played it without the complete rework mods pack thing, which iirc did make everything harder.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Bumping this thread because I just got Titan Quest about a week ago. I haven't been pulled into a game this much in a while. I'm playing a conqueror and am in act 3 epic and the game is getting a lot harder. It is super fun though. I just randomly saw it on sale on steam and picked it up for $4. $4 well spent. I've already played 70 hours and I can see me getting a lot more out of it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, it was a great game. One of the earlier instances of pants-on-head retardedness when it came to anti-DRM efforts in the original game though. Much of the reason for their low initial sales was because they made the game extremely buggy when cracked, and there was a bunch of initial bad word of mouth from pirates complaining about how buggy the game was.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I liked the first act with the greek stuff/monsters but i had a real tough time with it later in the desert and other areas. felt kinda stale in comparison. Did play the shit out of it a long time ago and was tempted to fire it up again with some modifiers to loot drop rates etc.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's a good game, love the story and setting. The only "problem" was how easy it is to gimp your build if you don't know what you're doing. Thankfully they have a strong community with good guides to all classes.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
If you like this game, check out Grim Dawn. It's made by the same folks I believe. I've pumped hundred of hours into it over the years and they are slated to release a new xpac early 2019.

• 1Solidarity

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
aaand then they released another expansion and didn't tell anybody:

and it's on sale!

Unfortunately TQ's engine is still far inferior to Grim Dawn's, and has nowhere as nice a feel. Probably the Constitution mechanic.