TitanFall Assault

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone play this yet? Just out like last week. Generally I hate clash of clan type games, but figured with sci fi and liking TF 2 I may fair better with it. Seemed like from tiny bit I saw it might have a few things different enough to be more engaging. Hopefully tolerable without being a cash shop whale.

Titanfall: Assault is Now Available! - Respawn Entertainment

Sludig

I'm actually really enjoying it. One crash/fail to connect loss irked me, but otherwise 90% win rate. I bought the starter $5 pack, and while it helps, what I got isnt really pushing me to always be winning.

Liking some of the depth of strategy more than you got in the other clash of clan types. (nice being able to crush some things, posiiton on roofs etc. I'm only lv 6 but hooked so far.

Biggest p2w complaint would be as far as time gating. Every win gets you a box, lots of shitty small ones and you can only hold 4. They take time to unlock one at a time, so you end up needing to either take a break form playing or use gold to unlock some of them without a timer.

Even if you have an "epic" they are tied to your player level, and so far I dont think ive faced anyone more than +2 levels over me.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
The P2W would come from being able to buy Titanic caches and unlock stuff like Core Ogre, Boomer, Sentry Tech etc.

It's not impossible to win against them, but you definitely end up at a disadvantage.

I'm Silver III now, run the below:

Holo Grenadier
Pyro Bruiser
Grunt Captain

Reserve Stryder
Reserve Ogre
Core Ion

Grunts
Shield Grunts
Mine
Sentry Turret

I mostly control hard points...trying to decide if Grunt Captain is still worth it. Dropping mini shield Grunts at the beginning of the game is so helpful, but he drops off really fast.

Sludig

Little bitter recently they had a 2-3 day challenge for destroying turrets. On the last day for some reason I wasn't getting credit for turret kills... >.<

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I quit. Got to Gold I, and started running into heavily P2W guys and realized I stopped earning enough to upgrade in a meaningful manner when units were at like level 8.

Sludig

I quit. Got to Gold I, and started running into heavily P2W guys and realized I stopped earning enough to upgrade in a meaningful manner when units were at like level 8.

At least at early ish levels. I ran into some whales. almost all epic/legend. Got the floaty drones on first day of release etc. Stomped them. I agree top tier player vs top tier you can probably out gear them, but a lot of the balance is better than I thought. A few stand out, but often you can counter play because "powerfull" stuff can be quite expensive and you still have dmg type counters.

But again silver level, maybe gold gets rough, I think like most competitive games you have to accept unless you are a god, you actually will usually end up at a 40-50% win rate bracket.

I did discover getting in a guild is very important. Havn't seen all the levels but just the lv 1 boost or whatever is +1 xp to a random pilot every game, so nice way to level some of those rarer pilots that you dont want to spend a fortune trying to buy more xp for.

Sludig

I think my biggest grip actually is getting spammed with 2hour crates so I get stuck either spending gold or not playing. I wish you could take those small crates and trash them.