Titanic

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Watched Titanic on HBO with the wife. Haven't seen the movie for 15+ years, last time I saw it was on VHS. Even in theaters back in 1997 it was from film, so not as perfect as digital. Seeing it in HD really impressed me. It looks much better than I ever remembered and for an 18 year old movie I was impressed.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Prolly should see it. Kate Winslet's tits hadn't looked better since.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like how even Mythbusters proved how much of a black widow Kate was.

khorum

Murder Apologist
But she didn't even sell the stupid diamond!!

O shit, did i need to spoiler that?

Szlia

They did a full digital remaster of it a few years back for the 3D re-release. I believe it involved scanning in 4k the Super 35 material. The idea being that, since you only use part of a 4:3 Super 35 frame for a film that will be screened in 2.35:1, scanning the Super 35 stock allows to show stuff that ended outside the frame of the film prints. That was vital in the case of a 3D re-release since IMAX is a format that is a lot less wide than 2.35:1, so by going back to the Super 35 material they could add stuff instead of crop more. Obviously, having a digital intermediate also allowed them to do the post production 3D.

I'll assume recent TV screenings of the film are based on this new digital intermediate.

As far as quality go though... I suspect a fresh film print in a good theater back in 1997 should have been slightly better than seeing it on HBO.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
They did a full digital remaster of it a few years back for the 3D re-release. I believe it involved scanning in 4k the Super 35 material. The idea being that, since you only use part of a 4:3 Super 35 frame for a film that will be screened in 2.35:1, scanning the Super 35 stock allows to show stuff that ended outside the frame of the film prints.
And importantly the reframing of the shots means a more complete view of Kate's rear end when she drops the robe.

For reals!!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I don't even remember, do you ever even see her tits other than the painting of them?