Titans

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 5 Votes
Title: Titans

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-12-31

Creator: Geoff Johns, Greg Berlanti

Cast: Brenton Thwaites, Teagan Croft, Anna Diop, Lindsey Gort, Minka Kelly, Ryan Potter, Alan Ritchson, Jarreth Merz, Neven Pajkic, Rodney Alexandre, Carlos Fortin, Mark Antony Krupa, Alison Mackay, David J. MacNeil, Curran Walters

Overview: A team of young superheroes led by Nightwing (formerly Batman's first Robin) form to combat evil and other perils.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So there was news back in August that TNT was in negotiations for a live action pilot based on Teen Titans. Now we have confirmation from Geoff Johns at DC that indeed a pilot will be shot next year presumably targeting a 2015 fall startup.

Kyle Reis on Twitter:

Confirmed to feature Dick Greyson in his post-Robin role as Nightwing the show is also reportedly going to feature at least Starfire and Raven with the Titans themselves in their early 20s. When the material was first discussed it was mentioned that this might be in the same universe as Flash / Arrow and possibly the upcoming Supergirl series.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So essentially DC has decided to own the silver screen instead of trying to compete with Marvel on the big screen? I am actually ok with that.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Silver screen and big screen both refer to the movies.

I don't know much about Nightwing or the Teen Titans, but if this is similar to Flash/Arrow (and especially if it shares the same universe) I'll be all over this.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Teen Titans started as a team up of Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad in The Brave and the Bold in 1964 (which makes 2014 their 50th anniversary) and later became known as the Teen Titans including Wonder Girl and Speedy. Their adventures were very...groovy and pretty campy as was the fashion of the time.

In the 1970s the Teen Titans became a bit more serious as a sort of junior justice league and had a variety of encounters with super villains as well as increasing their ranks with such heroes as Bumblebee, Bat Girl (Kathy Kane, not Barbara Gordon),Beast Boy, Hawk, Dove, Harlequin etc. The series only lasted 50 ish issues and was cancelled in 1978

In 1980 George Perez and Marv Wolfman rebooted the Teen Titans as the New Teen Titans and featured Robin, Kid Flash. Beast Boy and Wondergirl joined by new characters Starfire, Raven and Cyborg. The new series became a runaway freight train of a success featuring the creation of Deathstroke, Brother Blood, the Hive, and others. New Teen Titans was the number one comic for much of the early 80s and the mature form of storytelling changed comics and led to Wolfman and Perez overseeing the complete reboot of the DC Universe with Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1985.

It was the Wolfman Perez Titans that got turned into an animated series on Cartoon Network and which still lives on (sort of) as Teen Titans Go!. Given how much the current DC TV Universe has mined the Titans for story ideas and villains it only makes sense that they take the next step and incorporate the whole team in their plans which would bring aliens and magic into their already rapidly escalating world of metahumans. Also notable is that unlike many other Team books of its time the Titans heavy hitters were all the women (Starfire, Wondergirl and Raven) and so it makes for an attractive demographic.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If Starfire wears those slutty outfits and wants to fuck everything that moves, as she's been known to do, I'm in.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
law bros and legends wasee ok. i really cant see tnt doing what wb has

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Regarding the comments about TNT, I'd have said the same thing (and I probably did) about the CW before Arrow and Flash.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
I have such fond memories of Witchblade, Yancy Butler was pretty hot and had that great husky voice. It's too bad she hit the wall with alcohol dropped out of acting for a few years. I remember the comic was Image/Top Cow T&A showpiece though the stories aren't half bad.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh shit I didn't realize this was going to be on TNT. I really hope they put more effort in to this then that "The Librarians" shit I just watched. That was some straight 90's syndicated Xena level shit, but with more awful CGI.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh shit I didn't realize this was going to be on TNT. I really hope they put more effort in to this then that "The Librarians" shit I just watched. That was some straight 90's syndicated Xena level shit, but with more awful CGI.
That's a shame because the Librarian movies are fairly entertaining.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Regarding the comments about TNT, I'd have said the same thing (and I probably did) about the CW before Arrow and Flash.
I don't know. Since CW isn't as widely watched as the Big 4, they've been able to have more niche programming and take some risks. They've had shows like Smallville and Supernatural, and going back prior to the WB and UPN merging, had shows like Buffy and Star Trek. They've had a lot of experience with these sorts of shows, whereas a majority of TNT's programming has been fairly straightforward cop, legal, or medical dramas. Their biggest attempt to get into this territory so far has been Falling Skies, which doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

That said, between Falling Skies having decent CGI (for cable) and the fact that TNT really seems to want to branch out (eg The Last Ship and The Librarians), maybe they'll give Teen Titans enough of a budget to do a solid show.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I will watch when it comes out, but it seems that CW (and partially FOX) is the only one to handle DC or comic material successfully. NBC has slightly mishandled Constantine (its gotten better, but i think another network would suit it better, put that on TNT). Gotham, for all its issues is a solid show, it just suffers from FOXitis.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database