Toastmasters

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have been considering joining one of the local groups of Toastmasters.

Just curious if anyone here is willing to share their experience with the organization?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't been to an actual toastmasters club, but I had a speech class in college that was done in the format of toastmasters and I it was really fun. Kind of made me want to join a club although I never did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't been to an actual toastmasters club, but I had a speech class in college that was done in the format of toastmasters and I it was really fun. Kind of made me want to join a club although I never did.
same experience basically

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
My wife does toastmasters and seems to enjoy it. She originally started it to build confidence in public speaking (main reason many join) because she started work as a trainer/presenter but the need for that has passed and she still goes. I think she enjoys the social aspect as well as the networking with other professionals. They have various roles which rotate around so you can have a turn being the moderator etc if you want. She tried various toastmaster clubs before settling on the one she goes to and found some friendlier than others.