Tomb Raider (2018)

spronk

FPS noob
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Tomb Raider

Tagline: Her legend begins

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Roar Uthaug

Cast: Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins, Dominic West, Daniel Wu, Kristin Scott Thomas, Derek Jacobi, Nick Frost, Hannah John-Kamen, Antonio Aakeel, Alexandre Willaume-Jantzen, Jaime Winstone, Michael Obiora, Keenan Arrison, Milton Schorr, Duncan Airlie James, Josef Altin, Billy Postlethwaite, Roger Jean Nsengiyumva, Sarah Sayuri Hare, Emily Carey, Maisy De Freitas, Shekhar Varma, Rekha John-Cheriyan

Release: 2018-03-08

Runtime: 118

Plot: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.

spronk

FPS noob
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 128663[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Tomb Raider (2018)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Roar Uthaug[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Alicia Vikander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Walton Goggins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dominic West[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daniel Wu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leo Ashizawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandre Willaume-Jantzen[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2018-03-16[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Archaeologist Lara Croft sets off on a series of international adventures.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Alicia Vikander in : Vikander to Play Lara Croft | Variety

Alicia Vikander, star of Ex Machina, will be the new Lara Croft

View attachment 128664

She was awesome in Ex Machina and The Man from Uncle but she seems too tiny to be Lara Croft. I think Emily Blunt would have been perfect but I guess a bit too old for Hollywood for the part

spronk

FPS noob
ePyN2nX9t8SOl70eRW47Q29zUFO.jpg

Title: Tomb Raider

Tagline: Her legend begins

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Roar Uthaug

Cast: Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins, Dominic West, Daniel Wu, Kristin Scott Thomas, Derek Jacobi, Nick Frost, Hannah John-Kamen, Antonio Aakeel, Alexandre Willaume-Jantzen, Jaime Winstone, Michael Obiora, Keenan Arrison, Milton Schorr, Duncan Airlie James, Josef Altin, Billy Postlethwaite, Roger Jean Nsengiyumva, Sarah Sayuri Hare, Emily Carey, Maisy De Freitas, Shekhar Varma, Rekha John-Cheriyan

Release: 2018-03-08

Runtime: 118

Plot: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.

View attachment 128663

View attachment 128664

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I hadn't heard that they were rebooting the movie franchise as well. I wonder if they'll follow the reboot of the game franchise, or if they're just going to use Croft and some character cameos? The two new Tomb Raiders have been very enjoyable (in the top 2 or 3 games of the years they released imo), but I think the stories wouldn't translate to cinema very well.

spronk

FPS noob
the movie reboot is supposed to follow the 2013 game reboot, story wise. Probably setup for a sequel to parallel Rise of the Tomb Raider, which itself sets up for another sequel

Sterling

El Presidente
Alicia Vikander is good. Not generally a fan of video game movies in general, but would like to see this do well.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It will be shit like the rest of the movies based on video games

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
This is the only thing that ever comes to mind anymore when I think of this IP

MV5BMTQ0MDA5NTUxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjE2MDMzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

The only problem I see with Vikander being in Tomb Raider is that all the time she will spend shooting it would be better spent shooting a good movie. That said, there are some movies that by all metrics should be lame and end up being good.

Sterling

El Presidente
The only problem I see with Vikander being in Tomb Raider is that all the time she will spend shooting it would be better spent shooting a good movie. That said, there are some movies that by all metrics should be lame and end up being good.
This is a reasonable point. Can't really fault her for wanting a nice paycheck though.

spronk

FPS noob
new pics from set, i think they are following the story of the video game reboot

C77-RoGVUAAML_D.jpg

C77-RoLU8AAcJ4b.jpg

looks more uncharted-y than tomb raider-y

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Angelina Jole - Tomb Raider movies where indeed shitty but FUN movies all in all - and she was hot in them and was a gamer boy cock tease all three movies.

I would say she needs more upper plots but even in the game they reduced her plot lines so eh, girl power, i suppose.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database