Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2 Remaster

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm

• 16Like
Reactions: 15 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played the shit out of those when the weather was bad as a teen. Being a skater in Indiana sucked.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I played the shit out of it just in general. Honestly think the soundtrack is what made that game. Not sure that holds as much weight nowadays.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I played the shit out of it just in general. Honestly think the soundtrack is what made that game. Not sure that holds as much weight nowadays.

Yeah my music tastes have changed since then, back then it was right up my alley though. I’ll just do what I do with most games, play my own music while playing the game.

Raskoljnikov

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very happy about this. I hope that everything will go smoothly. I spent countless hours playing THPS 2. Last one that I played was American Wasteland. It was ok, but not nearly as good as the first 4 THPS games. Loved the soundtrack.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Just going to jump in here and say even though I didn't play a lot of Tony Hawk back in the day, I got excited and the soundtrack was also the first thing on my mind as well.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I played 3 so much.

Why did this genre seem to disappear

• 3Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I played these a shit ton. Hope they don't change any of the music even though it's awful. Nostalgia!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I played 3 so much.

Not enough innovation imo. Some of the games were getting to far away from being about skateboarding.

Will pick this up though. Just seeing the levels caused all types of feelgood.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Very happy about this. I hope that everything will go smoothly. I spent countless hours playing THPS 2. Last one that I played was American Wasteland. It was ok, but not nearly as good as the first 4 THPS games. Loved the soundtrack.

Man, I loved that second one. Such a gooooooood song. I love the version of it in FFXIV.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Played the shit out of those when the weather was bad as a teen. Being a skater in Indiana sucked.
I was pretty fucking good at the original. How good you ask? Almost as good as I was at jerking off, so pretty fucking good. Now I am sure my 3 year old nephew would destroy me at this game.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Day one. Wondering how a 35 year old compares to a 17 year old in pulling off some of the trickier maneuvers in theae games

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Because kids don't go outside anymore. I can't even fucking remember the last time I saw somebody skateboarding. It has been months.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because kids don't go outside anymore. I can't even fucking remember the last time I saw somebody skateboarding. It has been months.

Hahahaha. Dude this is the funniest coronavirus joke I've heard so far

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Day one. Wondering how a 35 year old compares to a 17 year old in pulling off some of the trickier maneuvers in theae games

That’s the best thing about these games, the controls aren’t that difficult. I’ve tried several different modern skating games and the controls have all been fucking horrible. They tout them as “realistic” because one hand is one foot and the other hand is the other foot but I can tell you, as a skateboarder there is nothing related to skateboarding at all in controller hand motion.

I actually played PS1 Tony Hawk about a month ago because I tried a new modern skating game on steam and it was such a pile of shit. After one hour I couldn’t even do a 50-50. It was so not fun.

THPS is just a button push and a direction and keeping balance on grinds, it’s simple, a little challenging, and really fun. I couldn’t pull off the multigrind, 12 trick combo shit I did as a kid but it’s because I just played for an hour to satisfy my skating game urge and put it away.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity