Too Old to Die Young

Fedor

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Too Old to Die Young

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2019-12-31

Creator: Nicolas Winding Refn, Ed Brubaker

Cast: Miles Teller, Jena Malone, William Baldwin, Cristina Rodlo, Augusto Aguilera, Babs Olusanmokun, Kegn Matungulu, Nell Tiger Free, Callie Hernandez, John Hawkes, Celestino Cornielle

Overview: Exploring the criminal underbelly of Los Angeles by following characters' existential journeys from being killers to becoming samurais in the City of Angels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I love his directing and this looks like it will be good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Exploring the criminal underbelly of Los Angeles by following characters' existential journeys from being killers to becoming samurais in the City of Angels.

wat

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
oh my god this is so boring and tedious. Nicholas NEEDS a fucking editor, because these 90 minute episodes could've been condensed to 20 minutes easily.

Just every fucking shot sits there and holds it painfully long after you get the fucking point.

Everyone talks in the same monitone unemotional voice, with the same creepy 5 minute deathstare before saying 2 words, and everyone else goes along with this like it's completely normal.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I've tried the first one, it's got some nice shots in it, but yeah, having someone sit in frame staring for 5 fucking minutes while you wait for them to speak is crap.

I won't be able to watch 13 hours of this shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This weird ass super stiff acting and painfully slow talking isn't for me I guess. Too edgy man.

Druss

Trakanon Raider
This shit needs some michael bay in it to balance it out so something is actually happening. lol

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved it a lot, but its pacing is veeeeeeery slow and it's not your typical TV show you can binge episodes back to back. Some scenes were really awesome and the cinematography was top notch. I wouldn't recommand this TV show to anyone though haha because while I'm a big fan of Refn's work and the show could be labelled as Twin Peaks meet Utopia, it has too many fucked up / weird / bizzaro stuff that would easily offend your regular TV shows consumer. To me, Too Old To Die Young was a more of an experience than a show. But the kind of experience you either love or hate. Could also easily be said that it was 10 hours of pretentious slow neon nonsense perfume commercial shit where the director is up his own ass and the writer is on LSD since 1971.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think I can ever finish it. It's a Refn movie but instead of 120 minutes it's 900 which is just ridiculous. The guy is fucked up and probably needs some help.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The Guardian's main TV critic liked it alot. That's enough to turn me right off trying to watch it.

It's a shame as he's probably one of the best visual directors of his generation. If he had the right script he could make something epic.

An experience was watching Mandy,, not this pile of shite.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

TV show information provided by The Movie Database