Torchlight III

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lost Ark Lite? I'll give it a shot for sure, really enjoyed Torchlight.

Considering the size of the map shown in the video above, I'm thinking there will be a limit to the amount of other players you'll see, probably 4-8 total per map.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
sweet.
yeah, I signed up for sure. PoE needs competition.

I quit D3 after the MOBILE :emoji_middle_finger::emoji_cloud_snow: announcement and I tried PoE. I see the value and what everyone likes about it, but it just wasn't clicking with me. So I decided to fire up Torchlight II because I never played and bought in on sale for like $4 off Steam. I was already excited about Frontiers, but after a few hours in Torchlight II and I am really excited for Frontiers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems the sign up is for beta only, not alpha. I signed up too because why not, I loved Torchlight 2, not sure about this one just yet though with the whole getting bought by some chinese company and stuff but we'll see.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems the sign up is for beta only, not alpha. I signed up too because why not, I loved Torchlight 2, not sure about this one just yet though with the whole getting bought by some chinese company and stuff but we'll see.
Alpha is Coming! | Torchlight Frontiers

" Thank you to everyone who signed up for a chance to gain entry to our first Alpha. If you haven’t already signed up, you can still sign up now for your chance to be included. Keep an eye on your inbox next week for invitations! "

I think its the same signup.

Argarth

On the verandah
Had a really great time with Torchlight 2. I'll wait for release, but this looks like a definite buy for me.

edit: Just watched that Hands-on video. Forts/shared world, Enchanting, Load-outs, TL2 pets are back... all sounds very interesting indeed.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah weird. Whatever anyway I don't care much about playing an unfinished game, just want to see where it goes.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I signed up as well, for the beta.

I dunno, Max Schaefer just seems to be one of those guys that always downplays his achievements. The biggest his ego ever got was in the D3 beta days, when he did an interview with somebody. He had a British woman co-hosting his website. I can't, for the life of me, remember what it was called. D3insider, maybe? On youtube?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only downside in TL2 (dont really remember tl1 too well) was it felt like playing a melee character was severely gimped vs ranged/caster. Couldn't even afford to buy health potions and died constantly on lower difficulties vs ranged on max/hardcore.

Can't wait as the gameplay looks fun (killer robot a class or engineer pet?), and if it has the same modding capability then the play time investment is well worth it

goishen

Macho Ma'am
What melee class? The berserker was powerful af. You're prolly talking about the engineer, and there you didn't have quality shit. Engineers are highly gear dependent.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I beat both Torchlight & Torchlight 2. This looks good so far, better than that stupid Diablo Immortal crap at the very least.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only downside in TL2 (dont really remember tl1 too well) was it felt like playing a melee character was severely gimped vs ranged/caster. Couldn't even afford to buy health potions and died constantly on lower difficulties vs ranged on max/hardcore.

Can't wait as the gameplay looks fun (killer robot a class or engineer pet?), and if it has the same modding capability then the play time investment is well worth it
I played every class, don't remember this being much of an issue, but it might have been build dependant. Berserker was strong as fuck with the lifeleeching and fast movement/high damage potential, Engineer I played mostly as a turret/robot summoner rather than melee so that might have been why. I think I remember Engineer being so so melee early on. ARPGs pretty much always favor ranged classes though, just kinda the nature of the games, most monsters are melee so they can be kited/killed before they reach you if you're ranged.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Huh, I remember it the other way around. Engineer with the lava burst skill would melt screens of shit with really any 2h that was close to the level range.

Berserker I just remember dying before I even made it far because monsters would gang rape before I even had damage to do, let alone potions or anything else. Might've improved past that, been a long time so maybe it changed.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I finished the game with a berserker. It's gear dependent, but not as much as an engineer. So... Meh. The main thing you've gotta look for on the berserker is what damage you're putting out.