Torchlight III

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Shotgun outlander was the dogs nuts of a class in TL2. Wish PoE had something along those kind of lines - very dexy gunslingers are so cool.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There weren't too many potential builds because of only 4 classes and 3 specs but not all of them being super viable, but I did like how clearly they were defined and unique from each other.

My favorite in the end before I was done with the game was Fire mage. I had a bunch of passives stacked up to do a lot of damage over time mixed in with burst with the delayed explosion skill, and it was super fun to play with rain of fire slowing down, grouping shit, then exploding all of them. The funny thing is I made a youtube video of the build back then to show the build in their forums, and I kept getting youtube messages for years after about people asking about it until I deactivated youtube messages. It was funny to think people like 5+years later were still playing TL2, looking at builds and finding my old ass video.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
There weren't too many potential builds because of only 4 classes and 3 specs but not all of them being super viable, but I did like how clearly they were defined and unique from each other.

My favorite in the end before I was done with the game was Fire mage. I had a bunch of passives stacked up to do a lot of damage over time mixed in with burst with the delayed explosion skill, and it was super fun to play with rain of fire slowing down, grouping shit, then exploding all of them. The funny thing is I made a youtube video of the build back then to show the build in their forums, and I kept getting youtube messages for years after about people asking about it until I deactivated youtube messages. It was funny to think people like 5+years later were still playing TL2, looking at builds and finding my old ass video.
As I mentioned earlier, I am playing through TL2 for the first time. Lvl36 Engineer at the moment, but I cannot get the Outlander out of my head, so I might switch over.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
if you want super high damage, spec / gear for high focus and use weapons with glacial spike on hit - that effect does large damage with a small area of effect
the best one being the hammer of retribution TIDBI - Torchlight II Item Database

combine that type of weapon with an attack that includes weapon DPS and hits rapidly - for engineers emberquake is the best - you can use 2 of those maces or mace+shield if you need the blocking

you can use that exact same mace offhand and use pistol mainhand with outlander and the on hit effect will apply to gun skills

the only downside is that it is so powerful it makes almost all other builds seem not worth it

also a thing about outlander - their normal weapon types require dex but its actually strength (or focus if the weapon has elemental damage instead of physical) that scales up the weapon damage inflicted - so you really want only enough dex for equipping gear

also for pretty much all spells, any number listed in addition to weapon dps scales up with focus - ie glaive throw, shattering glaive, sandstorm, cursed daggers

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am surprised no one has linked any of the Dev Streams. Here is the most recent one...

There are 4 other videos that can be found here..

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was never a big PoE fan. But maybe this is more my style.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game looks really nice. Keeping an eye out as I no longer care about Diablo until the 4th installment comes out.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This game looks really nice. Keeping an eye out as I no longer care about Diablo until the 4th installment comes out.

Yeah, I am all in on this one, probably will end up buying a 3rd PC or laptop just so I can play with both of my kids at the same time.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, I'm sold. Loved both original games, and this looks like it is getting a decent amount of polish.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It's hard to not root for a company that comes out with philosophy, especially coming off the heals of such an out of touch Diablo shit storm from Blizzcon.

That article also quoted directly selling relics. That could go south real quick if they have a different definition of the point where a convenience sale switches to being pay to win.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was never a big PoE fan. But maybe this is more my style.

Had a lot of fun with these games, kind of my first ARPGs. Lite and breezy art style and a fun world. I like PoE too, it's the other end of the spectrum, art style and depth. Never could get into D3 for some reason.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

1542312315817.png

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
alpha stress test weekend is up.
Servers are taking a beating.

This probably should be in the mmo forum. This is def like the Marvel arpg.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Anyone know what the cash shop has in it? I am hoping it is similar to what POE offers.