Torchlight III

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Torchlight Frontiers | Available 2019
Announcing - Torchlight Frontiers | Torchlight Frontiers

Introducing the next iteration of the award-winning Torchlight series: Torchlight Frontiers!

Set in the same beloved universe as Torchlight I and II, this shared-world action-RPG brings back many of the franchise’s signature features and mechanics that captured the hearts of ARPG fans around the world. Led by former Runic Games and Blizzard North co-founder, Max Schaefer, the team developing Torchlight Frontiers is comprised of veteran developers who were responsible for the games that defined the ARPG genre, including the original Diablo and Torchlight franchises.

Torchlight Frontiers combines the heart of the beloved Torchlight series with a shared, persistent and dynamically generated world. In true Torchlight style, players will team up with friends and devoted pets to hack and slack their way through a vibrant world, discover ancient ruins of lost civilizations and brave dungeons filled with riches and dangerous creatures. Additional details about Torchlight Frontiers will be revealed at a later date.

Torchlight Frontiers will be available on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked the first 2 well enough. This is probably a day 1 buy for me.

• 2Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Perfect World was a majority owner of Runic since 2010. They shut Runic down in Nov 2017.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I enjoyed T1 and 2. This trailer however makes it look like they're turning it into a children's franchise. Need to see some gameplay footage before I'm sold.

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Same art style as before, not sure what you are saying.

I'll probably get this as well. I WISH they were better then they are. They did have many great new idea for the ARPG genre. A number of which were bizarrely never stolen by competitors.

Something about them, never came together perfectly though. Even Grimdawn had that something.

Off the top of my head, I would guess its probably the simplistic skill systems. Pick and skill and pump it. no evolution, no choice.

The multiplayer issue as well possibly.

"shared, persistent and dynamically generated world. "
lets hope this works out.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I saw runic shut down last year and just assumed that was the end of Torchlight. Glad to see it’s at least some of the same dev team. The first two games were definitely a bargain.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Matt Uelmen tweeted about it, but not sure if he is onboard or not. Didn't sound like his music.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
which is the one that had the dog companion that you could put shit in his backpack and he goes to town for 10mins and sells shit for you? best companion ever!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
which is the one that had the dog companion that you could put shit in his backpack and he goes to town for 10mins and sells shit for you? best companion ever!!

They both had that feature. You could pick from several pets in at least Torchlight 2. It was certainly one of the more memorable features.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ill probably try it if it’s similar to past titles. They’ve never really engrossed me like Diablo, grim dawn, or path of exile but they were still fun for a while.

The sell pets are the best feature that other companies need to use.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Torchlight 1 and 2 were both fun as hell, will pick this up. What was the tomb? With the ring event - that was hectic.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I redownloaded torchlight 2 after seeing this for no reason. Did they redo the entire game at some point. I played 1&2 a lot and it looks nothing like I remember, the UI is different, the characters are different, the entire game seems different.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol. I reloaded torchlight2 a few months ago. And also was a bit. "I dont remember any of this.."

Something about it, was just not memorable. Too little time in towns, to have them be memorable? Too much procedural gen on zones to have them so? Zones in zones leading to overworlds or inner worlds not being memorable?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It was fun, just not as dark and brooding as some other games are. You're following around the alchemist trying to undo everything that he's done. *shrug* Just got through playing it for about four hours, got through the entire first map. Twas fun. I like how they kept adding different pets and I believe different classes.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Maybe I got it because I like Torchlight 1 and ditched it shortly after. I remember none of that and the art style and such. Looks like nothing I would have tried. Not a fan. Oh well I played it apparently at one time.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
For TL2 here's a mod that added a couple of new towns and a series of quests to the base game. It makes the game considerably more difficult too. Synergies it's called. It had a pretty good modding community for a couple of years after release.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users