Totally Killer (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Totally Killer (2023)

Genre: Horror, Comedy

Director: Nahnatchka Khan

Cast: Kiernan Shipka, Olivia Holt, Julie Bowen, Kelcey Mawema, Randall Park, Lochlyn Munro, Charlie Gillespie, Stephi Chin-Salvo, Anna Diaz, Jeremy Monn-Djasgnar, Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson, Ella Choi, Liana Liberato, Nathaniel Appiah, Jonathan Potts

Release: 2023-10-06

Plot: Thirty-five years after the shocking murder of three teens, the infamous Sweet Sixteen Killer returns to claim a fourth victim. Despite the warnings of her overprotective mom, Jamie comes face-to-face with the masked maniac and accidentally time travels back to 1987. Forced to navigate the unfamiliar and outrageous culture of the 80s, Jamie teams up with her teen mom to take down the killer once and for all, before she's stuck in the past forever.

Caliane

this is out on prime.

about half way atm.

its ok, to pretty decent.
it is still one of those "totally 80's movie" as created by millennials and gen z'ers that have no idea what the 80's was actually like. but I've seen worse offenders.

only one woke retard note so far. school mascot in the 80's was a redskin reference. "and there's the racism" the rest of the woke/culture shock is more making fun of her softness.

tech girl not losing her mind upon seeing a cellphone seems like a missed opportunity.

time travel rules. it gives rules, but also does lampshade, "time travel never makes sense", which iirc was in the trailer.
future and past happen at the same rate. changing the past, changes the future in real time, along "mandela effect". where people suddenly remember how things occurred, aren't how they remember them. time traveler is out of time. if they accidently themselves out of the timeline, they'd come back to a world with no SS number, parents, etc.

and finished. Final thoughts.
B. pretty ok. it never elevates. its never really FUNNY. or anything. (never as clever as happydeathday, or the babysitter, etc)

Checking out the credits, I see female director born in 73, 3 writers, 2 female, one from 76 iirc, and one 88. 3rd didnt find anything on. So, they should be old enough to write the 80's convincingly. so, what I took for millennials and gen z writing the 80's I now think is just women writing the 80's. women writing the jokes and satire. the only good joke was the sticks and shit in the pot. the only genuine one. something the writers could actually relate to.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wife and I thought it was good enough to watch, but nothing special. I did get a kick out of all the woke call outs at the 80s shit. Dodgeball? I loved that game! No one is above getting knocked upside the head with a rubber ball when their kids.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Felt like a low budget Hot Tub Time Machine minus the funny parts. The 80's stuff looks like they tried but they just couldn't quite get it right.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fun movie. Fiancé and I enjoyed it for what it was. A cheesy Hot Tub Time Machine 80s horror comedy. Loved that they kept making fun of her for being woke. Randall Park never disappoints.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database