Train to Busan (2016)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Train to Busan

Tagline: Life-or-death survival begins

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Action

Director: Yeon Sang-Ho

Cast: Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-seok, Jung Yu-mi, Choi Woo-shik, Ahn So-hee, Kim Soo-an, Kim Eui-sung, Choi Gwi-hwa, Jeong Seok-yong, Kim Chang-hwan, Jang Hyuk-Jin, Shim Eun-kyung, Park Myung-shin, Ye Soo-Jung, Terri Doty

Release: 2016-07-20

Runtime: 118

Plot: Martial law is declared when a mysterious viral outbreak pushes Korea into a state of emergency. Those on an express train to Busan, a city that has successfully fended off the viral outbreak, must fight for their own survival…

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Train to Busan (Bu-san-haeng)

If a South Korean film studio made a movie that was set in the same universe as Brad Pitt's World War Z it would be a lot like Train to Busan. People turn quickly after being bitten, the zombies move fast, and they engage in swarm behavior.

But unlike Brad Pitt's World War Z this is actually quite good. As this takes place in South Korea firearms are nonexistent so the passengers have to deal with the undead a little differently than what we get with a U.S. film.It has some good action and some good character stuff and the only real issue I have with it is that at two hours it is a little on the long side. I think you could have cut this down some and the pacing would have been much, much better.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw this and really liked it. I would recommend it if you like zombie movies, and I would also recommend it if you like decent screen writing.

Szlia

It's supposed to be very good. It's been in my download folder for a couple weeks but I have yet to watch it. Sometime next week probably...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I ordered this last night based upon comments here and reviews on Amazon. I should get it Friday.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watched it last night, fucking great movie.

You know what you are getting, so I'm not saying this is Oscar-worthy or anything, but for a fucking zombie movie, it is great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I watched it last night as well. It was really good. I sure hated that business man but the gamut of reactions was wonderful.

• 2Like

Szlia

For the better part of a decade, the floor level for this kind of productions in korea has been significantly higher than the one of their hollywoodian counterparts. So, as expected, this movie is pretty solid, even if it is nothing extremely original. The same director released at about the same time a companion piece to this movie: Seoul Station. It's an animated feature film based on the same zombie outbreak premise, but the whole thing is a little darker and, as many good horror movies are, a lot more political.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I read this as "Train to Susan", and it awoke in me an animated picture I saw when I was much younger, of a girl sitting on a toy train track, having it go right to her crotch. It was dumb, but that's what this title pulled out of me.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Its on Netflix now. Movie was pretty damn good and definitely the best Zombie movie that has come out recently. Korea has come out with some pretty good Horror movies over the last couple of years. I was a huge fan of The Wailing as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Finally, an awesome zombie flick!

Loooovvveee the focus on the train outbreak and trying to reach a "safe" zone.

the hysteria between train passengers who suspect others are infected also a an idea never really explored in such films

Gripping

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
just watched it. fairly fantastic. loved the microcosm effect they pulled off.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Bump!

Watched this last night. Really good, one of the best Zombie films I've seen. Reading about it this morning, I saw that it made for a budget of $8.5 Million, it's way better than Hollywood could make burning 10x the money.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
This is absolutely the most amazing Zombies on a Train to omfg we've got to escape fuck fuck fuck movie that will ever be made.
Crazy good. Top 5 zombie movies of all time for certain.

Fedor

<Banned>
Ma Dong-seok - Wikipedia

tTc9cKQ.gif

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database