Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia

Genre: Family, Animation, Action & Adventure, Comedy

First aired: 2016-12-23

Creator: Guillermo del Toro

Cast: Anton Yelchin, Lexi Medrano, Charlie Saxton, Amy Landecker, Kelsey Grammer, Fred Tatasciore, Yara Shahidi, Jonathan Hyde, Ron Perlman, Tom Hiddleston, Laraine Newman, James Purefoy, Cole Sand, Lena Headey

Overview: After uncovering a mysterious amulet, an average teen assumes an unlikely destiny and sets out to save two worlds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Technically a kids show, but I binged the whole thing (26 half-hour episodes, so just as long as something like Luke Cage) over the New Year and really enjoyed it. Guillermo del Toro is involved, co-wrote the book and such I guess. Several great voice actors, notably Kelsey Grammer. Not sure what they are going to do next season though since Anton Yelchin died after making this (he's the main character).

If the Y-7 rating turned you off, I suggest giving it a shot anyway, you might like it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 110158[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Trollhunters[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Family[/GENRE], [GENRE]Animation[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action & Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-12-23[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]After uncovering a mysterious amulet, an average teen assumes an unlikely destiny and sets out to save two worlds. Created by Guillermo del Toro.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah, it was quite good. Enjoyed the characters.

They better do next season though after that ending. I don't care if they have to recast the hero's voice.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cringe worthy moments but still quite good.

A good quality in a show is to end on a compelling cliffhanger.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So thought this was a really good animated show for anyone into that, similar to something like how to train your dragon.

Whether there's going to be a second season is kind of up in limbo with the death of Anton Yelchin.

Edit: tried to add tmdb link, not letting me edit title

Trollhunters

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So thought this was a really good animated show for anyone into that, similar to something like how to train your dragon.

Whether there's going to be a second season is kind of up in limbo with the death of Anton Yelchin.

Edit: tried to add tmdb link, not letting me edit title

Trollhunters
Because there already was a thread, so I merged it for you.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thanks bro, must have derped out when I searched for it

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just a heads up, but Season 2 is out this Friday. Looking forward to it, personally.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So the new show 3 Below caught my eye on Netflix while browsing and decided I should watch Trollhunters beforehand. After binging all three parts (52 episodes) I find the whole thing pretty cool. It was fine enough on its own, but the idea of there being this overarching story that all takes place in this town of Arcadia is particularly compelling from a world-building fan.

Was also remarkable how much Anton Yelchin had recorded for the show given that he pAssed away before the first episode even came out.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trollhunters developed the universe rather well and 3 Below's first season seems to ride more off that than stand on its own. Probably helped that Trollhunters started with a full 26 episodes versus 3 Below and Trollhunters S3 overlapping their 13 to match up the timeline.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They definitely were crafting Trollhunters S3 and 3 Below S1 at the same time, there are several places where you see a scene from one from a different angle in the other. The best example being in episode 3 where Aja is chasing the truck and it stops at a light just as the cop car that Toby stole zooms past.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
We're four to five episodes in on 3 Below. It's terribly unfunny and cringeworthy.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
For those still following along 3Below part 2 is now released. This actually moves the plotline past the Trollhunters finale and seems to be setting up the debut of Wizards

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
For those still following along 3Below part 2 is now released. This actually moves the plotline past the Trollhunters finale and seems to be setting up the debut of Wizards
I think they are doing the same thing they did with TrollHunters and 3Below. Part 3 of 3Below will be at the same time as 1st season Wizards.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There is no part 3 of 3Below. The story ends with the end of the second season and then has a tag that explicitly sets up Wizards

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This is out now. It is not at all what I was expecting. I expected a story that quickly tied in all the reality stuff from the other two. Instead we quickly go on a Connecticut Yankee bit with zero connection to 3Below. I'm only through the first two episodes so it may switch it up later.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database