Tropico 5

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I didn't play 1-3, but I played the heck out of Tropico 4. I liked the city management and it had good humor.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I didn't play 1-3, but I played the heck out of Tropico 4. I liked the city management and it had good humor.
Same here. I didn't find the game to have much replayability, but I really enjoyed the single player campaign. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just released on Steam yesterday. Anybody try it out yet?

Edit: It went available to pre-order on Steam yesterday. Release isn't until May 23. Reading comprehension failure... my bad.

Sulrn

Deuces
I played a really bad demo of 3 or 4 (2 years ago?) and could never get into it after such a negative experience. I assume their UI/coding team got better at basic functionality, right? Or is a staple of the Tropico series?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I can't speak for earlier versions, but I found the functionality and UI in Tropico 4 to be extremely intuitive and user friendly. I never encountered any issues.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tropico 4 was great, but the addon kinda killed it for me, the new buildings looked so out of place.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tropico 4 is the same as 3 which I am sure will be the same as 5. Differences to include slight graphical update and you have the learn what is now easy money.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Tropico 4 is the same as 3 which I am sure will be the same as 5. Differences to include slight graphical update and you have the learn what is now easy money.
Ya, I shamelessly pirated Tropico 4 til a big steam sale because of this (I also own tropico 3). 4 was essentially a graphical and overall user experience upgrade. 5 looks to be the same.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played Trop4 until I realized making weapons was more profitable than anything else and my community just became a huge weapons plant.

Actually that's how playing simcity5 ended for me too, making massive numbers of processors.

Crazily

N00b
Just picked up Tropico 4 this weekend for 5 bucks on steam. Never played any of the series but I am having fun. Unfortunately it seems once you understand the game and how to "win" it becomes pretty boring/cookie cutter each map, still worth the 5 bucks though!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ya, some of the campaigns are kind of interesting, but every time I go back to replay it I invariably stop within the same couple of maps. You can only do the same repetitive things so much before the illusion of variety offered by the campaign melts away.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I remember when Tropico 1 came out. Was a good game. I've played 3 and 4 too, but not as much as I would like. While I'd love to play this I've started to realise that my very limited play time needs to be better organised so I can at least play the games I really want to play, so I prolly won't touch this. But for the rest of you, I hope it's as fun as it's predecessors were!

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
looking forward to playing it, but waiting til summer or winter sale with DLC and stuff...

the current $35.99 pre purchase and the $39.99 release price are a bit too much

Haka

N00b
Well, this came out today.

It's buggy as shit for me. The tutorial didn't work, got stuck at 3rd task, but whatever I didn't need it. But the road tool is totally messed up, I can't select out of it without pressing escape.

It doesn't feel polished.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Any else try yet? Torn on buying now or just waiting for a sale over summer. I have played all the Tropico games last 2 only lasted me about 25hrs a piece which isn't horrible but always so desperate for a decent city builder

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any else try yet? Torn on buying now or just waiting for a sale over summer. I have played all the Tropico games last 20 only lasted me about 25 a piece which isn't horrible but always so desperate for a decent city builder
Wait for it to go on sale. Tropico 5 is is about as much of an upgrade over 4 as 4 was over 3.