True Lies

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: True Lies

Cast: Steve Howey, Ginger Gonzaga

Overview: Shocked to discover that her bland and unremarkable computer consultant husband is a skilled international spy, an unfulfilled suburban housewife is propelled into a life of danger and adventure when she's recruited to work alongside him to save the world as they try to revitalize their passionless marriage.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They are literally gonna ruin everything, arent they?

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
saw this earlier i'm really shocked its still the man who is a spy and the wife joins him, instead of a lesbian couple or something

still looks like trash though, the premise is barely worth a movie how the fuck would you run it as a TV series lol

now if you had made it as a comedy where the guy is an islamic fundamentalist and his wife is in a hijab and it turns out he's a boozing capitalist spy then it mighta been funny

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
saw this earlier i'm really shocked its still the man who is a spy and the wife joins him, instead of a lesbian couple or something

still looks like trash though, the premise is barely worth a movie how the fuck would you run it as a TV series lol

now if you had made it as a comedy where the guy is an islamic fundamentalist and his wife is in a hijab and it turns out he's a boozing capitalist spy then it mighta been funny
all these new shows are designed to subvert expectations and lure you in with a normal show premise and then by the end, its completely the opposite. they think its hilarious and clever and yet they do it every time.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because when I think of the movie I immediately have the thought "this would be perfect as a show on CBS".. right?

Jaime Lee Curtis, Bill Paxton, Tom Arnold, Tia Carrere, and even Eliza Dushku as the daughter for an Arnold movie. Yet now we get this.

Goatface

while looking for more info about this, saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith is also getting a show reboot this year on amazon

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess i should be happy that they never developed The Dark Tower for TV, even though that shit was made to be adapted for TV. after the massive bomb the woke movie turned out to be they must have gotten scared of ever touching it again. which is great. Mr and Mrs smith was already a remake of War Of The Roses anyway.

Goatface

didn't even realize this started last week
1678492969182.png

currently cbs's least watched show
1678493080172.png

Last edited:

velk

Trakanon Raider
I watched the first episode out of morbid curiosity - the super short review would be 'blandly inoffensive'.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I watched the first episode out of morbid curiosity - the super short review would be 'blandly inoffensive'.
i read an interview the other day from... i can't remember, the comic book writer who created bane. anyway, someone asked him if we would start seeing less woke things because of how much money the industry is losing because of it and he commented that he's always surprised how the woke crowd posits that seeing this kind of entertainment is good. let me clarify that he obviously wasn't talking about this show, and i haven't seen it to know whether or not the two things have anything in common, he just described it as exactly that, blandly inoffensive: the idea that you tune into a show or whatever specifically because it doesn't offend anyone and pushes zero boundaries.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tom Arnold was the best casting option for that supporting role, so many great moments for him there. We're going to find some terrorists and beat the shit out of them, it'll make you feel better!

Maybe she's sleepy

The guy is a god damned used car salesman, I'm starting to like this guy... but we still have to kill him

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database