Truth Seekers

Khane

Got something right about marriage
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Truth Seekers

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2020-10-30

Creator: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Nat Saunders, James Serafinowicz

Cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Samson Kayo, Malcolm McDowell, Emma D'Arcy, Susan Wokoma

Overview: A ghost-hunting duo team up to uncover and film paranormal sightings across the U.K. and share their adventures on an online channel. Their supernatural experiences grow more frequent, terrifying, and even deadly as the pair begin to uncover a conspiracy that could threaten the entire human race.

Khane

Surprised there isn't a thread for this yet. Hadn't heard about this show until I randomly stumbled across it today. Only 1 episode in but the first episode got surprisingly dark and creepy towards the end.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Never heard of this. Looks interesting enough to take a peek though.

Last edited:

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
All around this was really good, awesome seeing Pegg and Frost doing something again, although they don't share a ton of screen time with Frost being A story and Pegg just filling up ovararching C story stuff. Was disappointed this wasn't already an established show with more seasons, looking forward to see where this goes. Great seeing the Mighty Boosh guy(s) and the Spaced guys still making fun shows together. Needs Ayoade in S2

Khane

Yea I ended up bingeing this. It's old school Pegg/Frost. Good bit of comedy but gets creepy/dark at times and actually has a good plot.

If you like Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz you'll like this

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I havent finished it yet but Ive enjoyed it for the most part. Its a little slow but seeing Pegg wearing that absolutely ridiculous taupe is a winner.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Watched it all last night. Not bad, definitely woven together very well plot wise. The ending definitely makes me want to see a season 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched it all last night. Not bad, definitely woven together very well plot wise. The ending definitely makes me want to see a season 2.
Glad you said that. I was considering giving up on it.

I'm enjoying it well enough but there are immersion breaking moments that I thought would get progressively worse.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well thats lame. Seems like every show I like on streaming services gets canceled.

Khane

Sigh. I guess it's not surprising. Amazon did nothing to promote it. Even when it was a brand new show it never came up on the front page.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Unfortunate I was actually very interested in continuing the story after the ending of the last episode. Maybe SYFY or some one will grab it.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database