Tupperware

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I've never felt the need to talk about reusable containers in my life before today. I bought these ziploc containers, and they are utter trash. They refuse to close most of the time, and are extremely prone to the lids just popping right off randomly even if they do seem to close. Do not buy containers with these bubbles on the side of the lids.

711B6t9nv+L._SX679_.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've never felt the need to talk about reusable containers in my life before today. I bought these ziploc containers, and they are utter trash. They refuse to close most of the time, and are extremely prone to the lids just popping right off randomly even if they do seem to close. Do not buy containers with these bubbles on the side of the lids.

View attachment 358163
upgrade to the rubbermaid brilliance
bdf458dae6d629c9761ab8ee391f00a6.png

i've almost entirely switched over to these non staining (i'm asian so if i say tupperware doesn't stain, it don't stain) nearly indestructable (i've had countless countainers fall from my freezer, none broke, i've only had 1 container broken, and it was the big one, and i guess it broke cuz it was just too big and it looses ridigity when that big)

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

i've almost entirely switched over to these non staining (i'm asian so if i say tupperware doesn't stain, it don't stain) nearly indestructable (i've had countless countainers fall from my freezer, none broke, i've only had 1 container broken, and it was the big one, and i guess it broke cuz it was just too big and it looses ridigity when that big)
I keep both good and bad tupperware. There are reasons to use both, but the cheap stuff can mostly be explained with the word "relatives". I have low expectations of the cheap stuff. It can break and wear down. I think "It will close" is about the only real expectation I have. That's a pretty critical thing to mess up on a [non]sealing container.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I keep both good and bad tupperware. There are reasons to use both, but the cheap stuff can mostly be explained with the word "relatives". I have low expectations of the cheap stuff. It can break and wear down. I think "It will close" is about the only real expectation I have. That's a pretty critical thing to mess up on a [non]sealing container.
yea i keep good and bad as well, my biggest hangup is keeping 1qt takeout containers
a901a413536e1777ec79f777161cf854.png

like, theyre the reason why i'm switching hard to full brilliance.

i've dropped a soup or 3 in the qt containers, after that i just totally switched to full brilliance, no more spills.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I usually hate pyrex glass, but i did like costco had similiar to lanxs. Just glass dish, lock lid but has a lattice of sillicone around it which is some drop protection, but also keeps them from sliding easy or making a lot of noise which i had hated.

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
I use the plastic Rubbermaid brilliance. They work great but only last for 2 years or so until they start cracking. Will go with the full glass ones next.

Maximis Velocity

Professional Lurker
<Silver Donator>
I think the cracking is just from washing in the dish washer. The wife was a Chef and we eat at home almost every meal. Lots of leftovers that get cycled through.
20210615_124000.jpg
20210615_124019.jpg

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
dude, what do you put in em?
I pretty much exclusively use pyrex for stuff going in my fridge. That stuff lasts forever, and all you have to do is not drop it.

And I dunno what you're thinking when you think asian food is tougher on containers than white people food. Working in a southern diner, I quickly learned that even stainless steel can stain. There's no way grandma's chili is going near any quality tupperware.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is no Tupperware in this thread. Tupperware is a MUCH superior product made in the USA/Canada that will last your entire lifetime.
iu

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Have had a set of Glasslock containers for about a decade now and they're still like new. Glass bases, plastic lids with the insulated liner. Never had one break, never had the liner pop out, the plastic lids haven't been stained at all.

• 1Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider

We have the brilliance ones as well. I really like them but I found a way to stain them pretty quick. Indian food did it as the containers were tumeric colored. But other than that I really like them. There's vent holes under the clips for using them in the microwave. Pretty slick.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
On my 3rd set of Brilliance. No issues other than the break down of numerous washes through the dishwasher. They are going on 5 years now.

Cybsled

I prefer the glass ones - easier to keep clean and you avoid the plastic breakdown that eventually happens and gets you paranoid about ingesting plastic bits