TURN: Washington's Spies

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Anyone know how true the stories are? I know all the main characters in the show were real people. I've never read much on this part of the war and don't really want to now so as not to spoil certain things. Was just curious how close to reality it is.

Still loving the show by the way. It's got some great acting in it and is pretty well written.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Really good episode tonight.
I never understand why he broke uo with ann for his wife instead to me she be better for him.

only 2 episodes left.
IIRC his brother was engaged to her first and then when he died the younger brother fulfilled the obligation due to convention and pressure from his father. It's an old custom for maintaining family alliances via marriage that dropped out of favor with changing times, it happened with widows as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's not why Abe called it off with Anna though. Abe admitted that he was the one responsible for starting the riot that resulted in his brother dying. That had way more to do with it than his father's wishes.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Just finished this and thought it was really well done. Hopefully it gets renewed for season 2.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It really picked up towards the end. I think the next season will be better. I wonder what's going to happen to Simcoe. I hope he gets hanged. He's too evil and crazy.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
When are they going to reveal the native assassin that's killing redcoats? Are they just going to pretend there wasn't one? Writing natives out of our history is lame.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
It really picked up towards the end. I think the next season will be better. I wonder what's going to happen to Simcoe. I hope he gets hanged. He's too evil and crazy.
He's too hated of a character at this point for them to just kill him off I think. Great news on the renewal.

sole

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoying this. Simcoe is so easy to hate and the way they're portraying Arnold is pretty awesome. Definitely worth a watch.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just watched the first episode of this season. Solid stuff. You knew Simcoe wasn't going to stay down for long.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't particularly care for how batshit crazy they made George III seem though. That seems really historically inaccurate. Was he that much of a menace?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've seen the SS portrayed more favorably than British redcoats here. But it turns out
biggrin.png
this show is pretty good

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I know it's made for an American audience but the British are just ridiculous caricatures

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't take it personally, if I had my way then Britain would also be a republic. I just don't think its good story telling/writing.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Necroing this!

Just started season one, and cant tell if its any good or not. They definitely made the Brits a little over the top.