Ukraine is on goddamn fire and Putin wants to 'Make America Great Again'

Fadaar

That guy
<Donors Crew>
18d 8h 17m
They gotta do something with them, real boring to do 3 touch and goes just to keep current.
Sad thing is you probably aren't that far off from the truth. Also I'm sure the guys flying/working on them love to get away from home station every now and then. I sure as shit know I did when I was in. And seriously, a deployment to Germany when it's about to be fall (read: Oktoberfest)? Sweet fucking Jesus.

Eomer

Knight of the Realm
Haven't seen this discussed anywhere:IAAF expected to suspend Russian track and field federation - CBC Sports - Track and Field

Pretty big deal, if the IAAF does ban them and that ban includes the Olympics. It's so bad that even Putin has agreed there's a big problem:

Russia's initial reaction to Monday's doping report was one of indignation and that the allegations were politically-motivated. However, in recent days, the tone shifted as President Vladimir Putin acknowledged the gravity of the problem and ordered an investigation by Russian sports leaders.
I do like how they did their usual "THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET US AND THIS IS ALL AN AMERICAN CONSPIRACY" schtick to start with, though.

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
24d 8h 29m
Haven't seen this discussed anywhere:IAAF expected to suspend Russian track and field federation - CBC Sports - Track and Field

Pretty big deal, if the IAAF does ban them and that ban includes the Olympics. It's so bad that even Putin has agreed there's a big problem:

I do like how they did their usual "THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET US AND THIS IS ALL AN AMERICAN CONSPIRACY" schtick to start with, though.
I think there needs to be some sort of policy shift, because china got hit with a doping ban too last month.

Basically everyone cheats at the olympics and it's almost impossible to catch them beforehand. That being the case, why even bother with the veneer of anti-doping testing?

I mean you're telling me that the weightlifters didn't roid up to get that swoll?

Brikker

Trakanon Raider
17d 12m

The entire Russian team for the Under-18 World Hockey Championships got banned a few days before they played for doping this year :p They had to bring in the under-17 team to compete in their place.

yerm

<Donors Crew>
23d 9h 8m
Ukraine should just petition Poland to rejoin the commonwealth. Of their 3 historical enemies, the Germans and Swedes are too cucked to partition or deluge them and Russia's in the world spotlight plus economically limping from energy market oversupply. Now is the time!