Ukraine is on goddamn fire and Putin wants to 'Make America Great Again'

Siddar

Vyemm Raider
21d 5h 43m
Likely a Russian captain exceeding orders here. Ukraine is threatening to turn the Black Sea into an anti ship missile shooting gallery as a response. The Russians don't have man power to occupy Ukraine and would have to focus to much of their continuing militarily forces there to over run parts of Ukraine.

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

Comrade Araysar

Russian Turdgod
<Banned>
Likely a Russian captain exceeding orders here. Ukraine is threatening to turn the Black Sea into an anti ship missile shooting gallery as a response. The Russians don't have man power to occupy Ukraine and would have to focus to much of their continuing militarily forces there to over run parts of Ukraine.
How many antiship missiles does Ukraine have?

Ukraine threatening to shut down Black Sea like Iran threatens to shut down Hormuz is laughable.

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
24d 20h 8m
How many antiship missiles does Ukraine have?

Ukraine threatening to shut down Black Sea like Iran threatens to shut down Hormuz is laughable.
They have exactly as many as the USA is willing to give them, I would expect.

France sold Russia that ship, I remember with our protest. Maybe Ukraine will sink one with our blessing.

I mean I hope not, but maybe. It wouldn't be the dirtiest or most politically spiteful thing we've ever done. Doesn't seem to be in our interest though.

Campbell1oo4

Trakanon Raider
2d 28m
I live/work in Poland, and we got a lot of Ukranians here. Usually they do cheap labor, but most of them just drink and rip cigs. Have a colleague that moved to Kiev last year, and works in an International School there. I'll send her a message and see if her life has been affected by any of this.
So my colleague got back to me. She says that the Martial Law only applies to men of military age. They now need special permission to leave the country. Lots of speculation that can be done from that.

As a caveat, which is totally anecdotal, the flat where I live in Poland is five stories with three or four apartments on each floor. The first floor (or ground floor depending on where you are from) is a kindergarten, but the second, third and fourth floors are pretty much all Ukranians. Not all of them, but about half are men of military age.

Another anecdote. A lot of times in the city where I live we will meet people who don't speak English or Polish. Not that I really speak Polish either, but I can tell when someone isn't Polish. There are Ukranians everywhere. They do most of the cheap labor, and nearly all of the drinking.

fanaskin

Well known Agitator
53d 23h 13m
That's because Obama was a fucking spineless SJW president and had no intention of enforcing the Budapest Memorandum. As with ALL weakness, he provoked opportunists into taking action.

Problem is, before we can do anything about it, we'd need to shore up the Intermarium prior to any direct intervention in Ukraine. That'll take most of a decade assuming all the countries in green are willing. Good news is most of them are outright fucking eager. The Poles are offering to PAY for new US bases, the Romanians are already hosting all of our theater nukes after we moved them out of Turkey and the Hungarians and Lithuanians loathe the Russians. The only putin stooge left in the Intermarium is in Belarus:

Problem is the GARBAGE-TIERS realize this and they're desperate to seal up the Bessarabian Passes and the Fulda Gap before their treasury evaporates because of cheap oil and demographics cut their recruitment in half. So they're gonna keep doing "Grab and Hold" shit like South Ossetia and what they did in the Donbass.

The Ukrainians got their shit pushed in while Obama looked the other way though....and it didn't help that the libcuck news media ran interference for Obama getting his shit pushed in by NOT REPORTING IT. They've lost much of their armor in the battles in and around Donetsk's Airport and NOONE even reported about it.

Current state looks more like this, maybe could add ossetia

Last edited:

TJT

Adrenaline Junkie
<Donors Crew>
So my colleague got back to me. She says that the Martial Law only applies to men of military age. They now need special permission to leave the country. Lots of speculation that can be done from that.

As a caveat, which is totally anecdotal, the flat where I live in Poland is five stories with three or four apartments on each floor. The first floor (or ground floor depending on where you are from) is a kindergarten, but the second, third and fourth floors are pretty much all Ukranians. Not all of them, but about half are men of military age.

Another anecdote. A lot of times in the city where I live we will meet people who don't speak English or Polish. Not that I really speak Polish either, but I can tell when someone isn't Polish. There are Ukranians everywhere. They do most of the cheap labor, and nearly all of the drinking.
To be fair here. Polish and Ukrainian are almost mutually intelligible languages. People think Ukrainian is more like Russian only because they share the same alphabet. My lady is Ukrainian and in Kyiv at the moment. But returning next week.

That and 99% of Ukrainians also speak Russian just fine.

Campbell1oo4

Trakanon Raider
2d 28m
Talked to a friend from college who is now in the Peace Corps. They put him in some tiny village on the Ukrainian-Romanian border. He says he and his organization of like 300 volunteers are currently on lock-down. They are not allowed to leave the country, and it is the Peace Corps who is keeping them there. I guess they are waiting to see if they need to pull everyone out and ship them home.

He told me he got stopped 2 weeks ago by a couple of cops. Apparently they were looking for a deserter and he matched the description. Good thing he had his passport on him.

Borzak

Golden Baronet of the Realm
38d 23h 34m
Talked to a friend from college who is now in the Peace Corps. They put him in some tiny village on the Ukrainian-Romanian border. He says he and his organization of like 300 volunteers are currently on lock-down. They are not allowed to leave the country, and it is the Peace Corps who is keeping them there. I guess they are waiting to see if they need to pull everyone out and ship them home.

He told me he got stopped 2 weeks ago by a couple of cops. Apparently they were looking for a deserter and he matched the description. Good thing he had his passport on him.
Curious to what your friend does in the Peace Corps there? I thought they kind of died off, but not really sure why I thought that.

OneofOne

Trakanon Raider
23d 22h 51m
Still alive and well. Ex-wife taught English. And yes, locals will throw themselves at both the men and women PCers, hoping for that sweet sweet green card, from all the stories I've heard.