Ultima Online - UO An Corp ||| All the IPY T2A pvp goodness with none of the AZ

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Would love to join a group of folks for this. Years since I played so need to read up.

Trying to register on that forum and seems I'm misunderstanding the security question:

UO An Corp Register

Third number from the left isn't 4 ?

edit : doh it's asking for the third group of 4 numbers from the left.

African

Golden Knight of the Realm
Added IRC information to the first post. Drop by IRC. There is a number of us that idle in IRC throughout the day.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I dont know how I feel about a custom server...

UOForever was great til they started adding shit and tweaking this and nerfing that... ugh

African

Rhuma, the code is IPY's code. Basically everything IPY was without Az
smile.png

African

Corrado - The admin that left was with the project for 2 days. He wasn't part of the IPY staff and wanted to change things from how they were. Instead of derail the project he decided to step down. Seems like a good move IMO. They've already replaced him and added another coder as well.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Short beta being announced for it tomorrow :UO An Corp View topic - ETA?

Many years since I played this. Anyone have any advice for making a bit of cash when the game launches ? Just want to make enough to buy a little house with a forge to base myself from while mining.

Lenaldo

Short beta being announced for it tomorrow :UO An Corp View topic - ETA?

Many years since I played this. Anyone have any advice for making a bit of cash when the game launches ? Just want to make enough to buy a little house with a forge to base myself from while mining.
My understanding is they nerfed all the traditional gold making techniques. My plan is to run a Provo bard in the beginning and farm mobs. Lumber Jacking fishing and mining seem to be all awful.

African

My understanding is they nerfed all the traditional gold making techniques. My plan is to run a Provo bard in the beginning and farm mobs. Lumber Jacking fishing and mining seem to be all awful.
They're not aweful, but the goal is to get people playing in the dungeons at launch instead of the old methods people start servers. Provo bard is a pretty tried and true approach.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
so is this going to turn into another razer target closest ebolt spam clusterfuck?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
No, they have a few mods to the game mechanics like targetable magic reflect and distance affecting spell damage so... youll want to target farthest
smile.png
no matter what it will be fun just don't donate i dont see the shard lasting very long

African

so is this going to turn into another razer target closest ebolt spam clusterfuck?
Target closest is disabled. They finally wised up and forced negotiation with the server for razor and uosteam. They have all the lame target closest/target sharing stuff disabled.

African

If you're a fan of the era, the PvP is finally spot on. Without Az in the picture all the retarded shit has been done away with. No target closest, target sharing, etc. Low circle disrupts are in so PvP is interesting and requires skill unlike IPY2. It should be a good time.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Provo mage is a good bet for a farming char. Furthermore you could always go a basic dexer and farm early spawns with meele weps for gold and skill scrolls. LJ/fletching and selling bows to vendors is a safer bet as well.

I'll probably just start a tank mage which will be my main char and run around killing shit with my katana and magery, eventually summons will let me hit harder spawns. Getting magic resist/magery skill scrolls is worth a lot of gold that you otherwise you wouldn't need to spend on regs to macro so get into a dungeon asap.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
What do I need to download in order to play here?

Like, I see all this 3rd party programs and I played on ipy2.0 but I was probably doing it wrong. What are you guys using and your preferences etc?

African

What do I need to download in order to play here?

Like, I see all this 3rd party programs and I played on ipy2.0 but I was probably doing it wrong. What are you guys using and your preferences etc?
Just download the client and use either razor or UO Steam. I like UO Steam because it's actually updated and has a nicer interface. It also allows for some more advanced macros, but the server negotiates features so none of the lame stuff like target sharing, get enemy, target closest is allowed on either program which is good. You can download UOAM as well if you want a map, but the uo steam map is actually pretty good. Not much else you need other than the above items.