Underrail: Expedition

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Your boy Szeth here bringing attention to yet another diamond in the rough.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The base game is fantastic. Ill definitely be picking up the dlc here in the next day or two, even if I never play it because WoW Classic, Borderlands 3, that new Obsidian game and everything else coming up on the horizon

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I love how SSethTzeentach does a review and the game shoots to the top of the Steam sales chart. That guy has serious influence. He got me on Starsector.

I also love his reviews. The one on that multiplayer space station sim had me in stitches.

Rime

<Donor>
Take a note on this game: It is slow. Excruciatingly, painfully slow to move around. You will spend 50% of your time just walking back and forth between objectives, at a snails pace.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A recent patch made it so you can speed up the game to like 1000% (out of combat, looks like they just had to cap it at 500% in combat today to avoid some glitches).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its solid maybe when it came out, its made by a tiny team maybe just one dude, but if you liked original fallouts its a solid title and I found it enjoyable for a budget, indie title

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
This is rather good. It's certainly rough around the edges but it has all the great stuff from older style game designs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just picked this up. Ran into some youtube duide playing this and kinda intrigued. Supposedly its a brutal game in how hard it is. Gonna give it a whack. BTW right now steam has this and DLC for $20.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So im about 20 hrs in and just got done with the whole junkyard BS and I come to learn that this is nothing but a big tutorial, lol. Anyway, having fun so far. Writing is OK and combat after you learn the quirks is pretty fun too. Tons of items and tons of crafting which I dig.

Come to find out that these dudes are making a sequel now with upgraded engine and 3d models. Supposedly takes place in Underrail still but some other place. These games turn out to be gems, man, keep making them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So man, im just in love with this game. If you can get past the graphics, there is just a ton of game here. I never played the old school Fallout games of the past but man, if this is anything like it, I see why the copied and keep copying those games.

Just got done with Dudes quests and I wiped the entire Gray Army base. Man it was tough, took me all day but it was so satisfying.

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bump. Since we talked briefly about this in Rajaah's rpg thread. I'm playing through this now. so far pretty great game, would recommend. modern Fallout 1/2. or shadowrun.
I didn't get the dlc. Theres a second one that came out back in Nov of 23 too. post-post-post apocalypse game.

It is.. easy to make a busted build without reading guides. I 100% have some wasted points in my psi build. I didnt restart. its salvageable. a HELL of alot of f9 going on though. even now, after I figured some stuff out. Like I was trying to use stealth with little to no investment in stealth. was not working at all. then after giving up on stealth, it took me a while to realize, I could go all out on ARMOR, since armor penalty is only against stealth. So things got alot better once I put some armor on. would have made the early game much easier if I was wearing some before... then swapped to throwing, as I realized grenades were just so more better, and synergize with psi way better then guns.

this one is very spoilerific. half review/informative.. half walkthrough of the game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like