Alien: Romulus (2024)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The best thing for you guys to do, if you need a valid Alien experience in the H.R. Giger universe, is to play Alien: Isolation, if you haven’t already

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The best thing for you guys to do, if you need a valid Alien experience in the H.R. Giger universe, is to play Alien: Isolation, if you haven’t already
I just couldnt get into that game. Way too slow and too much running away then hiding.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1697724054691.png

ages 26, 22, 25, 30, 30, ? for Wu
guess the could say they are teens, but don't think mid 20's a "young people"
sigourney weaver was 28/29 when alien filmed

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be annoyingly mediocre. It won't even be as a fun bad as Prometheus was, it will be boring, pointless, and dumb like the sequel to Prometheus was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I bet everyone knew the main girl and the black guy would be the survivors the moment they saw the cast.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite games of all time. A++++ and AWESOME

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If its already finished & he screened the film, why is it not coming out for another 10 months?
#1 answer is fiscal years, tax purposes, and hollywood accounting.

• 1Like

Szlia

At surface level, "group of teens vs alien" sounds like an insanely dumb idea from a movie executive that has zero understanding of what the franchise is about. I mean, the Pitch Meeting skit almost writes itself.

That being said, another take on the Alien franchise in a self contained spin-off is, on paper, something that could be good. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised?

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
At surface level, "group of teens vs alien" sounds like an insanely dumb idea from a movie executive that has zero understanding of what the franchise is about. I mean, the Pitch Meeting skit almost writes itself.

That being said, another take on the Alien franchise in a self contained spin-off is, on paper, something that could be good. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised?
They could always die in the first 5 min, similar to the AVP in Colorado. Even the kids got facehuggered in that one

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I just couldnt get into that game. Way too slow and too much running away then hiding.
Yep, real men played AVP1 where if you died you had to start the whole goddamn level over. Was a bitch of a game but it was so awesome. AVP2 had some of the best multiplayer ever, but the single player wasn't near as intense as the first one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yep, real men played AVP1 where if you died you had to start the whole goddamn level over. Was a bitch of a game but it was so awesome. AVP2 had some of the best multiplayer ever, but the single player wasn't near as intense as the first one.
AVP for the PC? That brings back some memories, specifically about memory, first time upgraded a PC to meet Requirments

Doesn’t compare to Iso though, game is probably the best survival horror to date

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
AVP for the PC? That brings back some memories, specifically about memory, first time upgraded a PC to meet Requirments

Doesn’t compare to Iso though, game is probably the best survival horror to date
AVP for PC. I remember seeing it I think it at Hastings in college station and was so excited. Fuck yeah an Aliens and Predator game. Bought it hat summer and proceeded to get my ass handed to me. It was a very tough game but man was the best. I know when you're playing the Marine the first time you actually encounter an alien, that's pretty damn shocking. I think they're going to be 10 levels or something, but the last handful were pretty rough.

I haven't played isolation and I know it's supposed to be pretty good but I'm not much on the survival horror where you can't fight back type genre. I understand what Big Phoenix Big Phoenix was saying and I'm in the same camp. I don't want to just run around and have to hide and not be able to fight back in damn video game.

Maybe this holiday sale I'll pick it up just to give it a go but it's not ever been anything on my radar other than just hearing it's great if you like that style of game.

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Real men beat AVP for the Atari Jaguar. Every single other cartridge was pretty much intern created shovelware, but that game. THAT ONE GAME made it an awesome console buy.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users