Upcoming Patch: Druid & Shaman Changes, Classic Mob and Weapon Models Added

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just posted on Test. We will have old creature models (goblin, orc etc), weapons pre Velious will use original graphics.

The big change though:
Most lower level Druid and Shaman DoT spells now do as much or slightly more damage as the equivalent spells plus the two spells before it when the spells originally stacked. Mana cost of these spells have increased accordingly.

You can also invite players to raid by clicking their name in the chat window.

Full text here
May 17, 2017

Items
-Corrected a bug where some types of throwing items could not be placed in bandolier containers
-- Bandolier Containers will now increase the speed of throwing attacks in teh same fashion that quivers increase the speed of archery attacks.
-- The 'Bandoleer of Luclin' has been renamed 'Bandolier of Luclin' and has had its weight reduction reduced from 100% to 10%
- Corrected a bug where 'Darkened Blackburrow Trinket' could only reach 98% of its potential power
- In classic zones (Velious and earlier), many weapons, shields, and other held items have reverted ot their classic appearance.

**Tradekills**

-Non-progression servers can now create imbued Black sapphire Silver Necklaces.

**Quests & Events**

-Fixed an issue where a number of achievements (primarily those in Rain of Fear) would not complete as expected.
- Atrebe Raid: Everything Reborn achievement Fix
- Hardcore Heritage zone, Sebilis will be available 5/16 to 6/20.
-- Anniversary decorations in PoK will take no more than one minute to popualate or depopulate when the anniversary has started or ended.
- Demi Lich Skullcap (Quest) - It is no longer possible to have quest or dialogue interactions with Ixpacan or Harbinger Glosk related to this quest until you have handed in the necromancer sullcap to Ixpacan.
- All necromancer skullcap (quests) - Quest steps that require handing in a skullcap can no logner be multiquested.
- The details and dates of many seasonal, anniversary, and other special events have been changed. See the in-game calendar for details.
-- Bunch of holiday stuff im not going to type

**SPELLS**
- Most lower level druid and shaman DoT spells now do as much or slightly more damage as the equivalent spell plus the two spells before it when the spells originally stacked. Mana cost of these spells have increased accordingly.
-- These changes apply to the shaman Curse, Blood of Saryn, and Breath of Ultor lines and the druid Sunscorch and Stinging Swarm lines.
- Corrected a bug that prevented some combat abilities that trigger a short-duation buff on the caster from being usable while a disciple was running.
- Frenzied resolve has been changed to function as a discipline and has been renamed "Frenzied Resolve Discipline".

**NPCS**
- Fixed a kobold that was spawning outside the world in nagafan's lair.
- Classic monsters across norrath celebrate! In classic zones (Lost Dungeons of Norrath and earlier), many creatures have reverted ot their classic appearance. This includes the following models: Skeletons, bat, rat, snake, spider, drake, orc, goblin, puma, lion, kobold, zombie, mummy, basilisk/gator, spectre, and wolf.

**Progression Servers**
-The enchanter spell Apathy is now avaialble when Planes of Power unlocks.
- Agents of Change on the Agnarr server will take on a more thematically appropriate appearance.
-Calendar events on the Phinigel and Agnarr servers will show when future expansions will unlock.
- Maestro of Rancor (Raid) - Pre and post revamp versions of Maestro will now have MoTM and can use MooTW.
- Innoruuk (Raid) - Post revamp version of Innoruuk can use MooTW.

**MISC**

- Addressed an issue where sometimes Replay Timers were improperly increased.
- Addressed an issue that could cause Real estate Anchors to not properly function.
- Hunter and raid achievements have been added for original Everquest and Ruins of Kunark zones.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
SOOOO happy about the weapon models

I knew that druid and shaman nerf was coming. I have been fiddling on test with a druid and their dots were OP as shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
still can't believe they actually started listening to players at some point

is this real life

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
IA0EoA7.png

/rubsnipples

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
SOOOO happy about the weapon models

I knew that druid and shaman nerf was coming. I have been fiddling on test with a druid and their dots were OP as shit.
For someone who missed the change what exactly happened? Wouldn't this make it better for those classes instead of having to stack multiple dots?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Before today they were doing the damage of the combined dots for the mana cost of 1 of the spells.

Now they cost considerably more. Drones of Doom went from 145 mana to 287 mana.

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Before today they were doing the damage of the combined dots for the mana cost of 1 of the spells.

Now they cost considerably more. Drones of Doom went from 145 mana to 287 mana.
Ahh ok. Got it.

The weapon model and NPC model changes are actually pretty cool. Old school wolf model is what made me make a ranger back in the day.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
still can't believe they actually started listening to players at some point

is this real life

While LJ and Ragefire were reasonably successful for the resources that Daybreak put into them I suspect it was Phinegal's large population over the long term that convinced them to put in some real effort with Agnarr.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Is there an Agnarr beta server anywhere? I did some beta for ragefire seems like? Can't remember.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't mind most of them but Freeport is such a goddamn abortion to try and get through.

Same... I actually don't mind Nek. It's nearly a carbon copy of the original zone but Freeport is simply awful. I'm not sure how I feel about the Commonlands and RO's either. The scale just seems way off and the colors are just bleh... too much brown(TM)

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I love it! Old Necro pets!

Ugh new style zones, don't get me started, I hate them all. Something about the texture of them. I felt the same about all of Luclin. For all its simplicity, the old art style felt more real to me. The new art might be more rounded and smooth, but I think that might be the problem, it's too smooth and velvety. Tunnels...

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Luclin introduced that bullshit style. And most luclin zones looked like crap compared to original zones. Its the simple poly count that makes them so endearing. Old models forever.

Luclin introduced that bullshit style. And most luclin zones looked like crap compared to original zones. Its the simple poly count that makes them so endearing. Old models forever.

Even at the time of release, I thought the Luclin models looked like shit. I loved many of the enhancements, but the graphics went downhill. The characters just look weird to me (though for some reason, the huge polygons of the original models don't).

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This is pretty dang awesome. The new mob models, especially the kobolds, really bugged me. Getting more and more excited about this server, I am for sure going all in.

Is Zaide the same Zaide as the guide from p99?

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Do you think the old NPC models will impact necro pets? I could see it being easier to change the NPCs per zone for just the "classic" areas pretty easily but wouldn't it be more trouble to do the spells/summons as well?

Sterling

El Presidente
Do you think the old NPC models will impact necro pets? I could see it being easier to change the NPCs per zone for just the "classic" areas pretty easily but wouldn't it be more trouble to do the spells/summons as well?
Someone said pets weren't effected.