Upgrade (2018)

Goatface

4.63 star(s) Rating: 4.63/5 8 Votes
Title: Upgrade (2018)

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: Leigh Whannell

Cast: Logan Marshall-Green, Betty Gabriel, Harrison Gilbertson, Benedict Hardie, Christopher Kirby

Release: 2018-06-01

Runtime: 96

Plot: Set in the Near Future, technology controls nearly all aspects of life, but when Grey, a self identify technophobe, has his world turned upside down, his only hope for revenge is an experimental computer chip implant called stem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

looks neat, would stop watching trailer at 1:43ish
seems to start spoiling stuff

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Looks dope as fuck.

That actors resemblance to Hardy is crazy.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Very disappointing this isn't a biopic about Rita's pimp from Idiocracy.

• 7Worf
  • 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
these sorts of movies, it's so hard to tell ahead of time if it's going to be good. but i'm interested.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Very disappointing this isn't a biopic about Rita's pimp from Idiocracy.

I know, right?
4c4e1cc31e3014c07242985d600f05c3.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this today, absolutely fantastic. Its a mix of Deus Ex HR: The Movie, RoboCop, and Death Wish starring Tom Hardy's younger brother (not really but the dude looks and acts exactly like Tom Hardy from Mad Max/Taboo).

90 minutes so no fucking around, very small budget (under $10m apparently) but the money is used exceedingly well to do a few world building scenes that really get you into the idea that this is somewhere in the next 20 years. Story is very tight and well paced, and as I said world building is great. Action scenes are ok, some are a little rough but it works overall really well and I wasn't bored for a minute. If you loved Robocop and playing Deus Ex HR or even Mankind Divided then you should DEFINITELY see this movie in theaters if you can, otherwise catch at home it should be out relatively soon since its from Blumhouse. The creator of this movie also co-created Saw and Insidious so that guy knows his shit. I would love if someone would give the guy $150m and ask him to do Deus Ex or Diamond Age on a big budget.

86% on RT from critics and 90% from audience, a movie where everyone can agree that it kicks ass. Easy 8.5/10 from me. Great way to erase some of the Solo disappointment, or just go see this instead of Solo.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Caught this last night. This shit was REALLY good. Like 8/10 good.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Im surprised its getting such good reviews. I thought the trailer looked kind of stupid. Guess I might need to see this.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The trailer definitely made it look like a AAA budget B movie lol. Guess I'll have to check it out too!

• 1Like

kudos

<Banned>
This movie was good. I was hoping it'd be great but it tended to drag on too much. I expected more action. The action it did have was awesome though.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the budget of this movie was $4m so pretty insane to see what they got done with just that money

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Go see this movie, holy shit.

It's way, way more interesting than just being an action movie ala Hardcore Henry or something.

Think it might actually be as good as Bladerunner 2049 was.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I just saw it tonight too. Was some real good sci-fi / cyberpunk. Can't believe they made it for $5 million.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that number just seems unreal to me. It's not like It Follows or other semi-indie projects where it's just a bunch of actors. They had full on super-future cityscapes and all kinds of shit.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
good enough to waste 2hours, movie that you really can't say anymore

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database