Us (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
2.82 star(s) Rating: 2.82/5 11 Votes
Title: Us (2019)

Genre: Thriller, Horror

Director: Jordan Peele

Cast: Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, Elisabeth Moss, Tim Heidecker, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Anna Diop, Duke Nicholson, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Madison Curry, Kara Hayward

Release: 2019-03-14

Plot: A mother and and a father take their kids to their beach house expecting to unplug and unwind with friends. But as night descends, their serenity turns to tension and chaos when some shocking visitors arrive uninvited.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
New Jordan Peele movie, looks interesting!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Looks awesome, really looking forward to this.

The "I got 5 on it" sampling was spot on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
that looks dope as fuck, and yeah that man can cut a fucking trailer

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
is Jordan peele trying to corner the "black horror movie" genre like Tyler Perry tried with Black comedy?

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aside from the song (great song, btw) I don't see what else would be required to have it be a "black" movie vs. just happening to have black folks in the movie.

Put in white people, same dialogue/script (minus the song!) and it is still creepy as fuck. This isn't Scary Friday After Next or something; it's a pretty standard idea that just happens to have a black family as the focus.

HOWEVER; that may be his goal. We'll see~

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll be the naysayer here, I think that trailer showed too much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
their white family friends in the beginning will likely be the cause of whatever created the double family and the motive will definitely be racism

• 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks creepy as fuck. I always wonder how crazy kids that end up acting in these kind of movies go. Shit has to fuck with their heads a little bit.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
visually impressive.

Family could be white... doesn't have to be. It's the same movie either way. Some of the specific jokes and situations will be different.

Seems all good to me.

I don't know that there are any "black" movies in the genre at all, really. A few blacksploitation ones. By all means, add some.

Last edited:
  • 5Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Really liked this. Not really a horror movie,more of a thriller. The story has a few holes but overall very enjoyable with some great acting.

• 1Like

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I wish I had 4 hands so I could give this movie 4 thumbs down!

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Forgot about this. Guess it was released already, wasn't it. Looks decent enough. Might be promising.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
It had its moments, but it was pretty clear from early on where this was heading. Acting was, for the most part, pretty awesome.

Enfisted

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was a really fun film for horror fans. Lots of scenes were deliberate people pleasers, and the acting was great with a pretty original plot.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database