USB-C cables that don't fucking suck?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Every USB-A to USB-C cable fucking sucks. It's either too thick, too stiff, too short, too long, too thin, has a weird box around the connector (looking at you, PS5 cable) or some other fucking problem.

Someone has to make ones that aren't dogshit, right? For stuff that absolutely needs 3.1 or 3.2 connectivity, I've been buying those Anker Powerline ones, but those are incredibly inflexible and way too thick. Anyone know anywhere else to get them? You'd think people would make nice braided cables you could buy that aren't super stiff like the Amazon Basics ones.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
have you looked for an adapter rather than a full cable? might be a better solution there

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Every USB-A to USB-C cable fucking sucks. It's either too thick, too stiff, too short, too long, too thin, has a weird box around the connector (looking at you, PS5 cable) or some other fucking problem.

Someone has to make ones that aren't dogshit, right? For stuff that absolutely needs 3.1 or 3.2 connectivity, I've been buying those Anker Powerline ones, but those are incredibly inflexible and way too thick. Anyone know anywhere else to get them? You'd think people would make nice braided cables you could buy that aren't super stiff like the Amazon Basics ones.
maybe I'm missing something, but I feel like this isn't too hard a problem to solve.

I've been using these for years, they keep working

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I think shielding is an issue with flexibility.

Some context for what you are using the cable for might help. I'm assuming charging while using?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1682115589511.jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've been going w/ Anker for my cable needs for a while.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user