Usenet, NZB Indexers, Sickbeard, etc

Lusiphur

Peasant
Figured I would split this out from the torrent thread.

To start us off, wtf is going on with the TV scene releases recently. Had 3 not complete on me in the last 3 days which is unheard of. The latest Doctor Who, Castle and Gotham.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, been having all kinds of problems the last month. I'm using oznzb.com for indexing and both episodes of Gotham have failed, had a fail on the first episode of Survivor. Been finding myself having to manually snag torrents more and more. It's really annoying.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have had that issue also but then I manually had it do it again a bit later and it grabbed them just fine. It is odd for sure.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
No issues here. I use Chica NZB for indexing and Tweaknews as server. Had a lot of issues with incompletes before switching to Tweaknews... might be harder to pull down content from EU providers?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
117 shows (87 active) | 7708 / 7709 episodes downloaded <-- finally got my sickbeard all full, that one episode missing is Crossing Lines and I can't find it anywhere else, I think they have an incorrect air date for it

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Merge this, into this?

NZBMatrix is dead. What now?

Hasn't been posted on for a while since as said, it has just been talked about in the torrent thread.

I've ran into the same issues with Gotham and castle. I manually told sickbeard to get castle again and it worked. Gotham was a no go.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My beloved nzbs.org is closing down this month.

Can anyone recommend a good Usenet indexer that has an API?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

NZBgeek.

I can send you a referral if you'd like, but I don't know if that gets you anything special.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Thanks, but it looks like I already had an invite from some time in the past. I see it requires $$$ for a membership. Most of the alternatives I've found require one it seems.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Easier to automate for one
Exactly this. I did Torrents at one time, and I was destroying my data cap , 1TB, with 200+ torrents all trying to upload at the same time. Usegroups with Easynews, and nzb.su Indexer works out really well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider

I use nzbgeek, nzbplanet, nzbfinder, drunken slug and tabula-rasa.

Probably overkill and I'll drop one or two next year

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Thanks, but it looks like I already had an invite from some time in the past. I see it requires $$$ for a membership. Most of the alternatives I've found require one it seems.

I pay because the pay sites are usually more stable, but I get it if you don't want to.

LiquidDeath

Indexer: NZBGeek
Provider: newsgroup.ninja
Guides:

Dirty, dirty torrent setup:

Setup for NZBGet (but SABNZBD works too):

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
NZBgeek + sabNZB here, zero issues. I did NZBGet initially ,after I dumped the hot garbage that was newsleecher, but AFAIK it's no longer getting updates. Using Tweaknews.eu for server. Does cost some $$$ , not a ton and you can get the cost back in value in one month.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Similar results with NZBGeek + NZBGet, which I'm using because it's a convenient install on my TrueNas server.
Cannot remember why I swapped. Did NZBGet have an option to shutdown the PC when finished? That may be why. I never had an issue with it , just changed.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Cannot remember why I swapped. Did NZBGet have an option to shutdown the PC when finished? That may be why. I never had an issue with it , just changed.
Dunno, my server runs 24/7 since it's also my NAS and Plex host.

Edit: Just looked in the settings, don't see that option.