Utnayan Unbanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

suineg

<Donors Crew>
31d 10h 36m
Reactions
22,677 2,261 0 0
I want to start this thread out with a very important affirmation that Araysar Araysar did not overstep his bounds or do anything wrong. His banning decision was well within his purview and I had every intention of upholding it for as long as he desired. I support the entire @Amod team and will not get in their way. There is always the outlet after the fact where the user can summon me.

The users invoked the clause to "summon an admin" and so I reviewed it thoroughly and have had to read like 500+ posts about it. Both sides made very good points and there were valid reasons on both sides for their solutions.

I have decided on the following:

I will be unbanning him and keeping him in the RRP until July. He will have a rule that if he brings up the following things in any way that it will just be an instant ban.

1.) Him playing in the NFL
2.) The doxxing of another user as a joke or not
3.) What developers he knows or talks to
4.) That a specific user is a shill
5.) Harassment of gshurik and araysar specifically to include any @ to them

I don't care if he even slightly alludes to any of those things, if he does so it is instantly a ban.

gshurik gshurik will have him on forced ignore and if he keeps trying to evade it he will be infracted for that. It's there for a reason so accept it and move on or log out. Your interaction with him in any way other than PM's or somewhere else I don't control is over. Period.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
keep your nose clean Uncle Utnayan! we like having you here!

gshurik

Always on your mind
<Donors Crew>
9d 4h 14m
Reactions
2,864 995 0 0
I would add DickTrickle into the list of users not being able to be @'d, After all he spent a significant time harassing him in the past on here.

If that's not what DickTrickle wants that's his prerogative though. The only reason I'm saying this is that if he's unable to @ me and Araysar then he probably will do it to DickTrickle seeing as he was part of the same cacophony of shit.

Don't like or agree with perma site-wide force ignore but I'll deal with it unless it becomes unbearable as it did previously.

If it gets to that point where a thread is derailed into half invisible posts and quotes that I can't see then I'll just stop posting because I can't be bothered with it.

suineg

<Donors Crew>
31d 10h 36m
Reactions
22,677 2,261 0 0
I would add DickTrickle into the list of users not being able to be @'d, After all he spent a significant time harassing him in the past on here.

If that's not what DickTrickle wants that's his prerogative though. The only reason I'm saying this is that if he's unable to @ me and Araysar then he probably will do it to DickTrickle seeing as he was part of the same cacophony of shit.

Don't like or agree with perma site-wide force ignore but I'll deal with it unless it becomes unbearable as it did previously.

If it gets to that point where a thread is derailed into half invisible posts and quotes that I can't see then I'll just stop posting because I can't be bothered with it.
That is something you can discuss with me in PM's in the future and we can work something out. In the meantime you have until July where he can't post in a single useful thread so you should have plenty of time to work through it.

gshurik

Always on your mind
<Donors Crew>
9d 4h 14m
Reactions
2,864 995 0 0
Fair enough. I have no problem with that. Thanks for not coming down on me that hard, I understand it takes two to tango.

suineg

<Donors Crew>
31d 10h 36m
Reactions
22,677 2,261 0 0
Fair enough. I have no problem with that. Thanks for not coming down on me that hard, I understand it takes two to tango.
You have done nothing wrong, I just need things to calm down a bit on the site is all.

DickTrickle

Analrapist
<Donors Crew>
26d 15h 22m
Reactions
4,364 610 0 0
I think the 1-4 clauses are great and will help prevent ut from going down familiar lying rabbit holes that he death spirals on, and addressees much of what others get irritated about with him.

I fully support this well thought out resolution.

lurkingdirk

<Donors Crew>
22d 21m
Reactions
5,322 1,159 0 0
Can we add a clause about pestilence on his house if pharmakos comes in here and does a victory lap?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Donors Crew>
16d 19h 1m
Reactions
8,212 1,949 0 0
Can we add a clause about pestilence on his house if pharmakos comes in here and does a victory lap?
Considering the man had or has just recently defeated ball cancer, you're too fucking late.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
i'm just happy to have him back, man, this is a community victory as far as i'm concerned. democracy failed us, then democracy saved us.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
<Donors Crew>
Reactions
4,506 399 0 0
i'm just happy to have him back, man, this is a community victory as far as i'm concerned. democracy failed us, then democracy saved us.
With that list of no-go subjects he'll be banned again within 10 minutes of the first troll post baiting him. This'll be fun.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Prior Amod>
31d 3h 54m
Reactions
2,074 150 0 0
I have my doubts about Utnayan's ability to follow the rules, but this looks like a good solution to me.

Zapatta

~ Skeets Tweets ~
<Donors Crew>
80d 23h 47m
Reactions
113,339 7,208 0 0
I want to start this thread out with a very important affirmation that Araysar Araysar did not overstep his bounds or do anything wrong. His banning decision was well within his purview and I had every intention of upholding it for as long as he desired. I support the entire @Amod team and will not get in their way. There is always the outlet after the fact where the user can summon me.

The users invoked the clause to "summon an admin" and so I reviewed it thoroughly and have had to read like 500+ posts about it. Both sides made very good points and there were valid reasons on both sides for their solutions.

I have decided on the following:

I will be unbanning him and keeping him in the RRP until July. He will have a rule that if he brings up the following things in any way that it will just be an instant ban.

1.) Him playing in the NFL
2.) The doxxing of another user as a joke or not
3.) What developers he knows or talks to
4.) That a specific user is a shill
5.) Harassment of gshurik and araysar specifically to include any @ to them

I don't care if he even slightly alludes to any of those things, if he does so it is instantly a ban.

gshurik gshurik will have him on forced ignore and if he keeps trying to evade it he will be infracted for that. It's there for a reason so accept it and move on or log out. Your interaction with him in any way other than PM's or somewhere else I don't control is over. Period.
WTF 1-4 are the only things I liked about @Utnayan, a.k.a. Johhny Utah.

LachiusTZ

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
<Donors Crew>
28d 16h 40m
Reactions
6,707 449 0 0
suineg suineg thx for taking the time / effort etc to ride through this.

Who wants to start the over / under on how long he lasts? I'd put it at Sunday morning. Maybe next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.