Utopia

velk

Trakanon Raider
On episose 3 now and so far I hate this Jessica bitch. Don't know if she is suppossed to be a protagonist but she is extremly unlikable.

Otherwise show is great.

Jessica Hyde from the UK show is what is commonly referred to as a 'right cunt'.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Opening scene to the UK series this will be based off. Great show, mega-violent show:

What's a good way to watch the UK version? It looks a lot more interesting to me than the new one. Almost get a "Hands of Blue" Firefly vibe from it.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
The UK version is a lot more interesting than the new one. I am not saying that the new one is that bad, it is a bit above mediocre, its just that the UK version is so much better.
The most convenient way to watch the UK version is to pirate it, of course.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I made it most of the way through the first episode before giving up. The British one makes this one look cheesy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never saw the British one but that opening didnt grab me. I would like to check it out though.

I really enjoyed this series.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's absolutely no reason at all to watch this version over the UK one. The only good thing about this botched job is that the UK version has been uploaded again on many sites. Do yourself a favor, watch the UK one it's very good TV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
My take after 4 episodes is this one isn't bad, other than a lack of subtlety, but just unnecessary really.

I will say though, the amazon R.B. is a pale plastic imitation of the UK one. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the UK actor is actually a lizard person.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The UK version is a lot more interesting than the new one. I am not saying that the new one is that bad, it is a bit above mediocre, its just that the UK version is so much better.
The most convenient way to watch the UK version is to pirate it, of course.

I've been working on seeing this and they made it super difficult. You can watch it on Amazon Prime, but only if your method of payment is a UK bank account. You can buy blu-rays on Amazon, but they're going to be Europe region-locked and I don't have a blu-ray player that can circumvent that (just a couple Playstations).

Been trying very hard to give them my money, but at this point I'll have to pirate something for the first time in like 6 years because there's no other way to see it. I barely even remember how, so if anyone can give me a heads-up on a safe way to download both seasons please do.

It's weird how hard they made it to see the UK version of Utopia, considering how much interest is probably out there right now. I assume it's because the rights-holders want to memory-hole it and keep the focus on the new one?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I've been working on seeing this and they made it super difficult. You can watch it on Amazon Prime, but only if your method of payment is a UK bank account. You can buy blu-rays on Amazon, but they're going to be Europe region-locked and I don't have a blu-ray player that can circumvent that (just a couple Playstations).

Been trying very hard to give them my money, but at this point I'll have to pirate something for the first time in like 6 years because there's no other way to see it. I barely even remember how, so if anyone can give me a heads-up on a safe way to download both seasons please do.

It's weird how hard they made it to see the UK version of Utopia, considering how much interest is probably out there right now. I assume it's because the rights-holders want to memory-hole it and keep the focus on the new one?
This is the reason I have not seen it yet either.

whatwhat06

Trakanon Raider
UK version is now free with Amazon Prime in the US. Just search Utopia on the website and it's the 2nd/third one down.