V Rising

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Trying not to get my hopes up, but a lot to potentially like here. That these guys have only made F2P/PVP stuff in the past is probably my biggest red flag.

But we'll see, a private server w/ friends, building and exploring co-op... could be a good time.

Beta signup: A vampire survival experience

Latest Dev blog, etc: Stunlock Blog

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Trying not to get my hopes up, but a lot to potentially like here. That these guys have only made F2P/PVP stuff in the past is probably my biggest red flag.

But we'll see, a private server w/ friends, building and exploring co-op... could be a good time.

Beta signup: A vampire survival experience

Latest Dev blog, etc: Stunlock Blog
Would love this to be good. Really cool take on a survival game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Early access will start on the 17th of this month. Beta keys already sent out.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leery of any arpg being described as having a huge open world... that has always been a lie.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I've been playing in the betas... the world is not that huge.
Its a fine survival rpg with a really nice atmosphere.

The gathering is simple, the building is basic.
There are a number of spell like abilities and such that you need to chase specific targets to get which is interesting... and can be fun for a while.
There is a blood system where you need to keep up some amount of blood and whatever you suck that blood from gives you different advantages at different levels based on whatever the creature had.
Like say... some human might have 30% warrior... that would give you more attack damage and life perhaps... maybe it was 20% worker and that gave you more gathering per swing and such.

I enjoyed my time playing in the betas... but I was far from the end game of it... and I always played in PvE servers and I get the feeling from their feedback that they are mostly focused on PvP scenarios.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Lots of praise from everyone.
Yeah pretty much everything I watched and read says it very good. My biggest concern is endgame content. Seems like it's PvP only and not PvP/PvE and I'm not a PvPer.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my guess is that endgame is similar to something like conan exiles, in that if you aren't doing pvp, you're just maxing out your character as much as you can. though, conan exiles has an actual "do this and you will actually beat the game and will have to start over from the beginning" mechanic, i'm not sure if this game will.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
It’s definitely neat but I thought the genre was beyond the micro server setup after games like Atlas and Last Oasis. I really want them to incorporate some kind of character persistence across the same server type.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Really fucking great game for $20. Blows Valheim out of the water in terms of content, I like the combat system better (some of the bosses are pretty rough), etc. Building is a little more "simple" from an architecture standpoint, but you can still decorate the interior stuff fairly well.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
How is it that "Roof" is not fundamental to build as a friggin Vampire.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Never got into the survival/build shit genre but this one looks pretty cool with the pseudo arpg stuff mixed in.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Never got into the survival/build shit genre but this one looks pretty cool with the pseudo arpg stuff mixed in.

This is the first of the genre I've ever tried and it seems okay. Tons of stuff I'm missing or don't know the obviousness of since it is new to me, that others probably know second nature. Still not sure if I should be devoting a lot of time to this Solo PvE server / playthrough or dive in and try to find a group server and experience the whole kitten caboodle.