Vainglory - MOBA perfected for touch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what the active player base numbers look like for this. My buddy tried to get into it (he was a big HoN fan), but I don't think he's touched it in a very long time.

Though it's not a perfect method of assessing an app's success, I don't see Vainglory in the top 150 top grossing on iPhone. It might be more popular on iPad though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Competitive gaming on tablets, using wifi/internet. On top of that, it seems like both teams had the same lineup and the game looks like a child of HotS and LoL. Judging by the fact it's on OGN and the guy are dressed in Vainglory gear, it's not exactly grassroots scene. Reminds me of the time BW was big in korea and several RTS games nobody heard about outside the country suddenly had broadcasted tournaments too.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
I just threw that up as sample gameplay. As far as I can tell it is currently mainly NA/EU. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else plays. It is really accessible and they rotate 6 free heros every week. So you can get the full experience of playing without it costing a dime.

Daily streams to watch to get an idea of how robust it is:
twitch.com/shinkaigan
twitch.com/nerds4revenge

Loyang_sl

shitlord
It does look pretty good. I'm sort of worried about how well you can control your actions on a tablet though.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
it's actually ok, but it is a tablet MOBA. Not sure it will take over the market and like any moba is full of fucking retards and losers. The one good thing it has going for it is limited voice/text chat because....tablet. So at least the racist shit talking is kept to a minimum

I've only played like 5 games so I can hardly write an amazing review of it, but it does play surprisingly smooth. There are a couple other tablet focused MOBAs out there too.

I personally liked Heroes, Order & Chaos a bit better, but I only dabbled in that game too. My gaming attention span is ass these days.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I do. Very fun. I dislike rank though and the skin system is all over the place. But awesome MOBA.

Oops made my own thread. I waste a lot of time in this game. Love it when you get a retard that somehow made it to your rank to tank your game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
I have trouble playing from the right side of the map lol.... I keep wanting to use my right hand to move and myleft hand for abilities and end up crossing over!

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Goddamn this game is fun.
Im also amazing at MOBAs and an incredible healer and my talents are under appreciated.
But thats fine cause this game rules.

Username: Graves0