Valkyria Chronicles

khorum

Murder Apologist
Nice! Fucking loved that game. More games need to use that "mythic" WWII aesthetic.

Never did get a PSP for the sequels.

Caliane

yeah. I considered making a post. will get for sure. heard so many good things.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It was my big killer app for the PS3 actually.. came out a little before Demon's Souls. Still love that game. Its look is definitely different. They did the watercolors/pencils style really well on the PS3. Kinda curious if they'll be bumping up the gfx for the PC master race tho.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I really, really wish they would release VC2 on PS4 or something
frown.png
i still have it sitting on my shelf unwrapped from whenever the fucking thing came out... can't go back and play a PSP game these days. ughhh

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Loved this game. Was a big factor in me buying a PS3. Now the pcmasterrace just needs Red Dead Redemption

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw in case people don't read news sites or reddit, this releases next week, 11/11. Price is 20dollars/20euros, includes all console DLCs, you can buy it on GMG with a 23% discount though(the main coupon that's on front page) and there's also a 10% discount for preorder, which I think stacks, so it's pretty fucking cheap. Supposedly runs at 60FPS in 1080p, Durante also got a test build so assuming shit's broken with the port, it could very well be fixed on the very same day.

Caliane

Btw in case people don't read news sites or reddit, this releases next week, 11/11. Price is 20dollars/20euros, includes all console DLCs, you can buy it on GMG with a 23% discount though(the main coupon that's on front page) and there's also a 10% discount for preorder, which I think stacks, so it's pretty fucking cheap. Supposedly runs at 60FPS in 1080p, Durante also got a test build so assuming shit's broken with the port, it could very well be fixed on the very same day.
yeah. was thinking about posting this.
it was 13.74 or so after the 10% and 23%.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sega being dicks for ONCE AGAIN not allowing Steam to sell their products in Japan. Mother fuckers.
Isn't that everyone? I remember reading complaints about that, not sure if it was here or reddit but yeah seems pretty shitty to buy japanese games on Steam from japan. It's that or retarded full prices. TPB version I guess?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bought this game used a couple years ago and never gave it a shot but heard really great things. Is it that good?

khorum

Murder Apologist
It takes a few missions to get invested in the characters but yeah, it's one of the best reasons to own a PS3.

Northerner

N00b
It was/is (did they ever do a balancing pass?) extremely vulnerable to min-maxing but still was a hell of a lot of fun. The story was great for me but might not be as much fun for those that hate Japanese story arcs. The art was just about perfect.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah that is the issue I had. Eventually I just had an impossible to stop super army. It has been a number of years but I want to say it was scouts or something could become extremely broken without even trying that hard.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I must not have been that good at the game then, I thought it was hard all the way through. Then again I hate min-maxing so theres that. I specifically remember this one big gay Lancer named Janne(?) or something close. I rolled every time he blew up a tank and tossed out a stereotypical line like "Explotionth thweety!"

turbo

Molten Core Raider
CyrusReij;897494 said:
I must not have been that good at the game then, I thought it was hard all the way through. Then again I hate min

I hate min-maxing is like going to a penthouse forum and saying "I hate tits and ass"; blasphemy my friend.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The problem with the game is that it's a SRPG that punishes you for actually playing tactically. You're graded on how few turns you complete the mission in, and there's no benefit to killing normal soldiers, which means you throw everything else out the window and just blitz your way to victory (and save scum when something goes wrong because they didn't fix that until the sequels). The number of turns required for an A rank doesn't allow for any other playstyle. That said, you can--and probably should if you are buying this on Steam having never played the PS3 version before--ignore the grading system and just do skirmishes to make up for lost money and XP.

That said, the art style is excellent and the story is decent. For fans of anime, anyway.