Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I had a psionicist main, it was fun, I remember in the early days there was a hack that let me run at full speed while casting, so I used that all the way to 50 while charming monsters and running in circles. Was the most fun I had, heard after that they cracked down on the hacks and was lot harder to level. lol, but yeah also had a wizard with dual agony.

hope i was able to help out

Except I can think of nothing more boring than running around in a circle for 50 levels solo. The "early" days spent dungeon crawling all the excellent low and mid level dungeons when there was still a population to do it with was really where it was at.

Hope this emu sees the light of day, but we need a official rerelease to be honest. How many years have people been working on EQ emus and there is still work to be done with them. Do we all have the heart to do this work and play through broken down ghetto boxes for years with VG too?

We need daybreak to release the goods.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Thanks for all the work, Xinus. Still looking forward to playing Vg emu!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know one did, several months ago. Did more leave? I looked at the progress page and it is mostly 100%.

Only ZippyZee left to work on the pantheon team. He is heading up the NPC AI effort, some of which was showcased in yesterday's stream.

We don't have a large team over at the VG Emu, but its pretty stable now. We have 4-5 people who are working on the server and another several who are working on the scripting and NPC placements/quests/drops/diplo etc...
Its all a volunteer effort in the time we have available, so still plenty of work to get done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Cool. Do you think it will be done in a year or so? I checked the progress page sometimes and last time I looked there were lots of 0% things, but now it looks mostly full.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will definitely be playable in a year from a mechanic's standpoint. The content development and spawn cleanups take awhile though. Our content designers have essentially finished IOD and are now working on Khal, Tursh, and Tanvu areas. They also have a ton of ideas to make the game better than live and may be reworking some content that didn't make a lot of sense.

I think we are also going to bring back the level 30 version of Pantheon of the Ancients too (not to exclude the Level 55 version, we have room for both). Eventually we'll get to make our own content for Stirhaad and Pankor Zhi too!

Last edited:
Wow sounds amazing. As much as I'd like to support and help the project, I really don't want to play unfinished stuff because I tend to get burned out even at the best of times. So I am waiting for it to be really 100%. I guess I will be waiting a long time! But it will be worth it to have such an accurate rebuild of Vanguard, especially if you tidy up the content too, and also the ability to run my own server would be awesome, so I could play it offline and not risk ever losing my characters.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe the plan once the game is really playable or close enough is release server packs so people can run their own. But yes, if you want to wait until its 100%, its going to be a little while. Only so many hours in the day, after all. Hopefully we will have all abilities scripted and reasonably accurate combat mechanics by the beginning of the summer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Wow summer would be great. I will probably play once the combat and questing is done. I can live without crafting, diplo, guilds, raids, caravans, brotherhoods, etc. I will probably play on someones server so hopefully I can group.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow summer would be great. I will probably play once the combat and questing is done. I can live without crafting, diplo, guilds, raids, caravans, brotherhoods, etc. I will probably play on someones server so hopefully I can group.

My summer timeline may be optimistic and again its just for abilities being scripted and combat mechanics being reasonable. The content development takes far longer and will lag behind that considerably. Some zones will have their quests done, but most will not have even been touched by that point.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
qwert, good job keeping your cool despite the devs not 100% catering to your complaining. <3

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users