Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Xinux Xinux , I completed isle of dawn yesterday and now I dabble around in the open world. How can I help testing stuff? Where should I go?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Is this playable? I haven't followed this thread closely, but I have been looking forward to this ever since I found out someone was working on it.

Bought a new gfx card for VG when it came out, but didn't have anyone to play with. Barely made it to the teens. Looking forward to giving this another go.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I need to get this installed and give it a whirl. I really think that some good stuff could be done with emulated servers. There was so much left unfinished or half done.

Glad you guys picked this project up

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
ScreenShot_00066.JPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Im ready to log into this just to walk around the world, even if mobs/quests are not done.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Im ready to log into this just to walk around the world, even if mobs/quests are not done.
Nothing is stopping you. I got it set up and logged in the other day. Didn't stay on long enough to see what all works, but it's up and available

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Yeah you can turn up speed turn off aggro insta level to 50 etc and see all the parts of the game

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Yayaya still looking forward to this and very happy about any updates.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man I just went through some of the old quests and maps of the game and realized I did jack shit on most of the continents.

It really was an amazing game to go through lvl 1-50 after it had been out a few years. I had a group of 4 guys every night after raids we played alts together that we only played exclusively together. We were all in a brotherhood so if one guy happened to miss a night it didn’t matter. We were able to max out two alts each and never really went to the same dungeons. I’m still bummed how bad they failed to launch this game, it’s the only one that scratched the EQ itch for me. There were some epic dungeons out there that no one really knew of cause they were off the regular leveling path.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I only played for a few months prior to it going dark for good - but I got that EQ vibe as well. I remember going into a little crack in the wall dungeon that was beetles at first and little critters. Then eventually opened up into a large spiral staircase room, and as you descended you started to fight demons (i think?). And I remember getting the vibe that you were actually descending into some sort of rift into hell. It was beautiful.

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Changelog has been updated.

Rev 3041 - 3070

Cliff notes:
Crashing while chunking fixed (This is a big one been trying to track this down for a year now)
Npc spell lists
Push back with interrupt chance for melee damage on Npc spell casting
Guards will now assist against aggressive Npc's. If you aggro a non-aggressive mob and run to the guard they will not help you.
Many other fixes/additions.

VGOEmulator.net

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only played for a few months prior to it going dark for good - but I got that EQ vibe as well. I remember going into a little crack in the wall dungeon that was beetles at first and little critters. Then eventually opened up into a large spiral staircase room, and as you descended you started to fight demons (i think?). And I remember getting the vibe that you were actually descending into some sort of rift into hell. It was beautiful.

Unikron completely missed VG playing some other shit back when too. Would be fun to play this again with you guys with those of you who missed it. Caspin Caspin you messed around on this?

Caspin

Trakanon Raider
I have it installed but last I played could only really run around the world. Mobs are in but no quests? Used commands to lvl to max and turn off aggro.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
As soon as dungeons/quests are in at all I would be definitely into messing around a bit. If nothing else gives me a bit of time to actually figure out a new game before they're able to properly release. I played a Disciple (I think?) for like two weeks before live servers went dark, does that turn out to be a powerful class? I liked the monk/self healing aspect.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As soon as dungeons/quests are in at all I would be definitely into messing around a bit. If nothing else gives me a bit of time to actually figure out a new game before they're able to properly release. I played a Disciple (I think?) for like two weeks before live servers went dark, does that turn out to be a powerful class? I liked the monk/self healing aspect.

I was going to say knowing you the Disciple would be perfect since you like monks a ton and have healed like a boss before.

I have it installed but last I played could only really run around the world. Mobs are in but no quests? Used commands to lvl to max and turn off aggro.

Yeah dude once this is up and running Ill dive in and probably level another DK up to max again. You always made Sorcs look good soloing insane stuff but I loved being able to solo group content with good gear as a DK.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
We have a great content team putting in adventuring quests, diplomacy quests, and performing spawn clean ups daily. I know Isle of Dawn has its quests built in both of those spheres. The content team has been working on all the starter areas as well and new stuff is implemented daily. Xinux recently built the framework to add npc casting/ability usage. The big hold up here is the class abilities and thats mainly on me. I just haven't had enough time to finish everything I need to finish, but the bard song system is very close to being usable (not committed yet) but it will be on New Telon by this weekend hopefully (time permitting).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users