Vikings

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Vikings

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2013-03-03

Creator: Michael Hirst

Cast: Ferdia Walsh-Peelo, Alexander Ludwig, Katheryn Winnick, Jasper Pääkkönen, Peter Franzén, Moe Dunford, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Gustaf Skarsgård, Alex Høgh Andersen, Jennie Jacques, Jordan Patrick Smith, Josefin Asplund

Overview: Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, the greatest hero of his age. The series tells the sagas of Ragnar's band of Viking brothers and his family, as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods. Legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
http://www.history.com/shows/vikings...ings%20history

The story will follow Ragnar Lothbrok, a real historical figure, as he rises from the Viking tribe's greatest warrior to their eventual king. According to History, the series will "will boast a polished, stylized look that pushes the boundaries of television drama" highlighted by "imaginatively choreographed battles that emphasize individual points of view, strategies and ruses rather than mindless, graphic slaughter." So it's safe to say that Vikings won't be completely like Starz' historically based hit series, Spartacus: Vengeance.

Please dont suck love viking, Norse stuff.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I've been seeing promos for this and never realized this was a scripted series until I saw Gabriel byrne. It looks good and I'll watch it.

needs moar Bullwyf

jHcxZ.jpg

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Considering the recent success of historical-fiction television series (Downton Abbey, Copper, etc.), this seems like a smart move for the History Channel, particularly if they can keep it historically accurate and maybe team it up with some actual history shows about vikings.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I thought this was going to be rather documentary-sh and give us a good look into the Vikings we haven't had in a while considering the amount of misinformation and such. The fact that it is more like "Tudors" or "Sparticus", I dunno... I'm a bit unsure.

To me part of the "viking problem" (so to speak) is mis- and dis-information from 1500ish years of Christinity and just a general lack of writing things down. Not sure a "dramitized" show really helps that. One promo already has some kind of wierd mutant-ogre-monster-person-thing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I thought this was going to be a multi part documentary...I'm pretty let down to learn its a scripted series.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah I thought this was going to be a multi part documentary...I'm pretty let down to learn its a scripted series.
Especially after how amazing "Men Who Built America" turned out to be. I was really dumbious about that, but it turned out brilliant. I was hoping this would be the same.

Oh, also "The Bible" is coming out the same day but... Zzzzzz.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A good clue that show is trying to be accurate is if the vikings arent wearing horn helmets. If you see horns then its fiction.

It's not entirely accurate to call this the first scripted show.

After all History has Pawn Stars, American Restorers, American Pickers, and a bunch of other retarded reality shows as well. I watch Pawn Stars every once in a while when I'm bored. I hold no illusions that the show isn't 90% faked / scripted though.

It'd be hard to go wrong with a viking show (well unless they do some modern emo viking bullshit). I'll probably give this a shot when it airs.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Who said this was the first scripted show? I'm upset it's scripted at all. It's like they are scared to produce anything that's actually fucking educational anymore in a format that's appropriate.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Who said this was the first scripted show? I'm upset it's scripted at all. It's like they are scared to produce anything that's actually fucking educational anymore in a format that's appropriate.
You need to watch H2 to get any type of educational programming now. There is too much money to be had for history to show that type of programming.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Arative could you be one of the few people in the world that watches America Unearthed every week like i do?

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Does anyone know of a way to watch H2 online or anything? I don't get the channel and I want to check it out.

edit: Apparently you can watch some on the history site. Not sure what all is available yet.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database