VR / SIM Racing

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I built this thing a couple years ago in anticipation of using the Oculus for race and flight games. I bought Asetto Corsa on Steam and the bastards never made it work right with VR, so I haven't done squat with this rig in years.

DIRT Rally was on sale this week for $12 and someone told me that it actually works well in VR so I'm looking forward to finally trying a real VR race game with the wheels and pedals this weekend. Has anybody else here done any of this kind of thing?

RU681ty.jpg

44tJYKx.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've heard nothing, now let me take that thing off your hands.

I never have gotten VR< but I thought it works with War Thunder if you like playing sim difficulty in cockpit view. (Vs arcade etc done in 3rd person)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I have a T150 pro and use it with my PSVR for Dirt Rally and Driveclub, it's all sorts of fun. Haven't built anything for it yet but I absolutely need to.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
VR sim racing sounds extremely fun, but I feel like

Is on another level of stuff I'd love to try with a VR system.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got everything working over the weekend. I'm going to add some info on what went right and what went wrong in case anybody else ever wants to try this.

Right:

Added a little fan blowing during gameplay - there are people who have gone wild and modded them to increase in speed the faster you go, etc. I just turn this one on and it is a nice addition.

Transducers. I've got a full size buttkicker mounted under the seat, liked it so much I ordered two more transducers and will mount one on pedals and one on wheel base.

Dirt Rally - finally a decent game to play on this thing, I've been waiting 3 years. Originally I shelled out $50 for Assetto Corsa and it is absolutely terrible in VR. No menu support at all. Dirt has great support and the gameplay, at least for me, is a lot more enjoyable than driving in circles around the track.

Wrong:

Setup. I've got a Logitech G27 and Windows 10 doesn't play nicely with it, it autodetects as some lesser system and won't function properly until you go into control panel, remove the drivers and do a manual install. This will get it to work but it has also jacked up some other games now.

Cable management. I tried to keep things nice and neat with flexloom but it still sucks and it is going to get worse adding in more tranducers.

Transducers. They are the best and also the worst. You would think that you just need to hook them into the sub output on your pc and then they should work. The reality is that will do nothing, there is no useable bass getting sent by these games. To make them work you need additional software that knows what game you are playing and sends in game data to a separate soundcard and that data activates the transducers. Besides being a complete pain to set up, requiring another soundcard, there isn't a lot of options out there for this software. Simvibe is far and away the biggest and most popular, and it costs $90. The license is non transferable and I've heard it can be tough to migrate it to a new pc if you wind up upgrading.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Nice setup. Iracing had vr support for awhile. Never tested it before I took a break from there awhile ago. Last time I raced I was still rocking triples with a g25/fanatec pedal setup.