Wakfu (Final Fantasy Tactics "ish*) MMORPG

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I played this game a bit at launch, it's combat is ala FFT but it also had some cool features that intrigued me:

- Open world FFA pvp enabled (No level limit)

- Politics where you vote the government of your chosen country and they make decisions (There is 3? countries I think)

- Also it's big on crafting

- Country wide combat bonuses for holding territories (To encourage pvp between rival countries)

Some of the bad things are:

- Very grindy

- Suffers from some childish art decisions (Like fluffy silly shit)

- 6$ subscription (Also has cash shop, but really isn't P2W all the good gear is dropped)

I enjoyed it personally but got kinda caught up in the Eqemu pvp server and lost interest for awhile. Gonna start back up on Friday see if they fixed some of the balancing issues.

If you really like open world pvp, FFT style combat, and don't mind a bit of the sometimes questionable art style I think you should try it out.

Btw the F2P is the worst in the business you can literally only do a couple fights in the newbie areas don't expect to accomplish/experience much without dropping 6$ (a fortune I know)

This video has some combat and shows the open world pvp a bit (If you attack someone they have to fight they cannot decline/escape)

Lodor_sl

shitlord
If you want a turn based mmorpg you are way better off playing dofus or ecol tactics(way closer to fft than any other game) which goes into beta on feb 11th.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Lodor they taking beta applications? ecol tactics or w/e

Went to site looked like you get multiple toons at once, one of the things I like about Wakfu is you can only play one toon at a time.

Also couldn't find out if it had pvp.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Lodor they taking beta applications? ecol tactics or w/e

Went to site looked like you get multiple toons at once, one of the things I like about Wakfu is you can only play one toon at a time.

Also couldn't find out if it had pvp.
There should be a join beta type button on the home page there.

Also there are multiple map types. Each type can be done solo with merc help or with other people as a group without mercs.

Pvp from what Ive seen elsewhere will have multiple modes also ranging from 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 all without mercs or the same with merc help also.

I guess some the asian versions of the game already have over 200 different battle maps also. So if done right there will be lots of content.