Wargame AirLand Battle

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else playing?

Pretty massive 10vs10 battles, a joy for every strategy-game player.

You build "decks" out of a unit pool consisting of ~750 different vehicles, airplanes, helicopters, infantry-types, etc and then call units from that deck in a match by spending points you accumulate by capturing zones on the map.

Sulrn

Deuces
Playing around with a USA Air Assault deck and having quite a bit of fun whenever I can get a mouth breather to meat shield for me so I can sneak around with my choppers/infantry.

Sulrn

Deuces
How is it for single player? I have zero interest in multiplayer.
It has four campaigns (very short, medium, medium, long) that alternate PACT/NATO (2 each), but outside the strategic map it plays like multiple tactical AI skirmishes with decks (Force Array) that are forced onto you based on your strategic decisions.

Things may get fleshed out with expansions, but the game really was made for deck building and multiplayer (even though they did a poor job implementing it, seeing as I can't ever get anyone to do the Multiplayer campaign).

If only we could get a DoW-esque army painter so I could put a Screaming Eagle on my Blackhawks...

Sulrn

Deuces
How is it for single player? I have zero interest in multiplayer.

After playing the game a bit I found this review to be pretty spot on. They specifically talk about SP and how it being the reason for the lack of a higher score.