Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
http://bhvr.com/eternalcrusade/

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war." These are the ominous words that greet visitors of the brand-new website for Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade. The game, announced today and in development at Behaviour Interactive (with the support of Games Workshop, of course), is athird-person action MMORPG set in a persistent world.

Details are scant as the title's unveiling has just begun, currently sitting at phase one of nine. The only clear information available on the official site is a targeted release window of late 2015.

We'll have more for you tomorrow after we sit down with Behaviour's head of online games, Miguel Caron, at E3, but for now, here's the press release blurby:

Montreal, 10th June, 2013 ? Behaviour Interactive and Games Workshop? proudly announce a new online game in the Warhammer? 40,000? universe: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade. Behaviour Interactive has obtained the rights to create a wholly new MMORPG persistent war experience for PC, PS4 and Xbox One set in Games Workshop's universe of the 41st Millennium. In the game, players choose a Warhammer 40,000? race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory. It will be up to each faction's community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
The description makes me imagine the Space Marine game but with persistent battles like an MMOFPS. I guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm excited about any new Warhammer game regardless.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Id be very happy with Planetside 2 style with 40k weapons and greater emphasis on melee.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I really wouldn't get your hopes up.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...4-and-xbox-one

This new MMO is Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade, made by Behaviour Interactive (formerly Artificial Mind and Movement) and due late in 2015. Behaviour made 7/10 action game Wet and 4/10 obscenity Naughty Bear.

It's a Canadian studio that's plied a trade since '92 in movie tie-ins and making the 'other versions' of multiplatform games. Despite that, Behaviour apparently employs close to 300 people - so says its website.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Id be very happy with Planetside 2 style with 40k weapons and greater emphasis on melee.
xqefEH.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd prefer something more EVE~esque, with BFG style space battles, racial factions and battles over solar systems and planets with a DUST-514 planet based FPS aspect. With boarding parties, orbital strikes, infiltration missions, entire Ork WAAAGHS or Hive Fleets rampaging through sectors....

Yeah, this game is going to be fantastically bad.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'd prefer something more EVE~esque, with BFG style space battles, racial factions and battles over solar systems and planets with a DUST-514 planet based FPS aspect. With boarding parties, orbital strikes, infiltration missions, entire Ork WAAAGHS or Hive Fleets rampaging through sectors....

Yeah, this game is going to be fantastically bad.
That's exactly the only way to make a good MMO from WH:40K, been preaching this to some friends for years.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, and I thought Vigil's attempt at a 40k mmo was a trainwreck, but this already seems even worse and it's the first I've heard of it. Maybe when THQ went under they were forced to give the assets to Games Workshop, who then picked this studio of complete nobodies to go forward with it?

It will be up to each faction's community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.
Fighting over 1 fucking planet is not 40k.

Burr

Molten Core Raider
Why can't a competent studio make a WH40K game? Is the license taboo in the video game industry or something? Christ sakes. /Facepalm

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why can't we have nice things?

What happened to the last WH40K MMO that was being worked on? Did I miss its cancellation?