Warhammer tv - Pariah Nexus, Hammer and Bolter, Angels of Death, Astartes etc. - animated shorts

Izo

Tranny Chaser
1697486962673.jpeg

1697487034337.jpeg

1697487085769.jpeg

Anyone else follow these? I think they got the guy who made Astartes and it kicked off. Or something. Love me som 40K.

I watched first two episodes of Pariah Nexus, really well animated, loved it. Watching Hammer and Bolter, Grey Wolves episode was awesome, and later Old Bale Eye was fantastic, love me some orcs and Araysar Araysar :D Eldari was well done too, squishies are all feels.

Didn't think they needed seperate threads, some are done I guess.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
There are a few more: Iron Within, The Interrogator and The Exodite.

I liked The Interrogator for the story, even if it is a rip-off of sorts. It is the only show that would be enjoyable in another setting.
Dont get me wrong, the other shows are great for Warhammer 40k fans. Well, maybe except The Exodite.
But The Astartes miniseries from YouTube, made by fans, is still the best Warhammer 40k movie out there.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But The Astartes miniseries from YouTube, made by fans, is still the best Warhammer 40k movie out there.
Astartes dude did some great stuff but he was hired by WH TV 4+ years ago(?) and haven't heard of any animated shit coming close to that yet.

I don't have Warhammer TV, so would be interested to hear if anything new is on that level.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Warhammer TV stuff is generally pretty great. Iron Within is pretty good and so is the Adeptus Soriotas stuff.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The content is OK. The cost is... not awful. The value is mediocre unless you must have one of the annual models or you buy one month to catch up every once in a while.

The real problem in my opinion is the settings are just not as interesting and dynamic as they used to be.

AoS is, I'm sorry in advance, complete shit from a lore perspective. Rather than a rich world built over time, it was an amalgamation of random bits and pieces into this bizarre new thing. I actually quite enjoy the game of AoS for the most part, but the lore is just shitty cosmic whatever nonsense. That makes for shit TV. Everything is from everywhere and it's just a jumbled mess of diversity.

Mordheim vs Mudcry. Lmao.

40K is in a tight spot of just having the most iconic shows ignore all your primaris lore. Then there's the fact that the quality has been amateur for the most part. Astartes should have been the standard, instead it's simply never been replicated. I can't help but feel that the majority of stories people want to see are simply not done because of budget. Then there's the problem where basically the giant pile of cool characters have been deleted over time.

The Tau show was borderline OK but damn it was just like a single episode in a normal animated show worth of story.

I can't be quite as harsh because they aren't charging $22 a month or whatever and their subject matter is very niche. But it's still disappointing that can't just make like a 90s cartoon style series on the Badaab War and put a season out with 20 episodes each year.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to see them do a solid rogue trader series and more Inquisitor stories.

Plus they should be pushing stuff in further detail than the reference books like the Emperor waking up, Promarchs coming back, destroying some hive fleets, more space dwarf shit because they are awesome.

• 1Like