WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

spronk

FPS noob
Warner Media announced its new streaming service today, it will be called HBO Max and launch spring 2020 with over 10,000 hours of content.
‘Friends’ to Leave Netflix for WarnerMedia’s HBO Max Streaming Service in 2020

Warner Media aka Time Warner aka AT&T owns HBO, Cinemax, Warner Brothers movie and TV aka all DC stuff and Harry Potter and Friends.

Get ready to make “Friends” with HBO Max: That’s the name of WarnerMedia’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service, set to launch in the spring of 2020 with 10,000 hours of content, including all episodes of ’90s hit “Friends.”

However, WarnerMedia still hasn’t announced pricing for the service, which will compete with Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus, among others.

HBO Max will combine content from HBO with a slate of originals and programming from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and Looney Tunes.

New deals with Warner Bros. Television and others for HBO Max announced today include:
• The exclusive streaming rights at launch to all 236 episodes of “Friends” — one of the biggest hits on television and in streaming
• The exclusive streaming rights at launch to all episodes of fan favorites “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” and “Pretty Little Liars”
• The exclusive streaming home to a string of new Warner Bros.’ produced dramas for The CW beginning with the fall 2019 season, including the highly-anticipated new DC Entertainment series “Batwoman,” and “Katy Keene” (spinoff of “Riverdale”)
• New exclusive movie production deals with Greg Berlanti, one of Hollywood’s most prolific and successful producers, and Reese Witherspoon, Academy Award® and Emmy Award®-winning actress and producer; Berlanti will produce an initial four movies focused in the young adult space, while Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine will produce at least two films

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
So now thats

Netflix - $15.99/mo for 4K, 3 device (anywhere) service
Disney+ - $6.99/mo (to launch) for da kids and all MCU kinda stuff
Hulu - $5.99/mo (ads) for ??
Apple TV+ - $15/mo (?) for ??
Amazon Prime - $120/yr for free shipping, twitch prime, and Lord of the Rings and The Expanse

its getting out of hand

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
AT&T will have six streaming services in 2020

- Watch AT&T
- DirecTV Now
- HBO Go
- Cinemax Go
- HBO Now
- HBO Max

This is a company that has no clue what its doing.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So now thats

Amazon Prime - $120/yr for free shipping, twitch prime, and Lord of the Rings and The Expanse

its getting out of hand

They are going to be responsible for the reemergence of pirating.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So now thats

its getting out of hand
It's almost like someone should package them up into a cable package at 1 nifty price point..
Call it the Streaming Package.
I could dump my current cable plan for this. I don't want CNN or ESPN anyway.

• 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So now thats

its getting out of hand

Then you get the one that has enterprise on it as well I am really not sure how much money these people think we have but between the insane cable prices and all these competing streaming services aint nobody got this kind of money to sub to all of the things these days.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Then you get the one that has enterprise on it as well I am really not sure how much money these people think we have but between the insane cable prices and all these competing streaming services aint nobody got this kind of money to sub to all of the things these days.
i just watch youtube videos and pirate whatever, which is only a few things a year now. i pay nothing and i dont care.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Somehow, astro, you made me think "You give pirates a bad name".
i cant really consider myself a pirate when i dont want to watch the shit being shovelled out these days. this year, i watched 3 movies and 6 tv episodes off a streaming site. next year it will be even less than that. i rather watch some dude on youtube wrench on a broken scooter for an hour than watch some scripted shitfest from one of the bigs.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
With their cartoon network stuff, I wonder if that means they'll have Dragon Ball available to stream along with other animes they've had.

Goatface

It's almost like someone should package them up into a cable package at 1 nifty price point..
Call it the Streaming Package.
I could dump my current cable plan for this. I don't want CNN or ESPN anyway.
supposedly will be a package with D+, Hulu and Espn+
doubt Big D would want any other bundles

Fadaar

That guy
I've had Netflix, Prime, and Crunchyroll for many years each and that's about as far as I'm going. Yo ho ho otherwise.

Goatface

if they started making high end xxx tv shows might be worth it lol

• 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
With their cartoon network stuff, I wonder if that means they'll have Dragon Ball available to stream along with other animes they've had.

Not worth it when DBZ Abridged is a thing on youtube, less filler & 100x more hilarity.

• 1Solidarity