Warrior Nun

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Warrior Nun

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-07-02

Creator: Simon Barry

Cast: Alba Baptista, Toya Turner, Tristán Ulloa, Thekla Reuten, Kristina Tonteri-Young, Lorena Andrea, Emilio Sakraya, May Simón Lifschitz

Overview: After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo-Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This show is wierdly entertaining to me. Only halfway thru, but what started out as just checking it out ended up with me watching the first 4 episodes last night. It is a bit girl power, but it's not in your face so much.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also the lead is kind of like a bustier and prettier Ellen Page.
FlimsyFewIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Cool, I have a 20-year-old action figure for this...
IMG_20200702_164108.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Cool, I have a 20-year-old action figure for this...
View attachment 282674
I had no clue what this was before I started watching. It doesn't seem to follow the comic as the Areala character has only been talked about as the founder of the Order of the Cruciform Sword and has been dead awhile.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Woah... I was just throwing up a pic that I had an actual warrior nun action figure. I didn't even know this storyline is apparently a continuation of that old one. heh

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
This is just a worse Buffy with an actress that looks like Emilia Clarkes younger sister. Needs so much more violence it isn't funny. The first rule of action shows is to have action, the second is to be witty. This fails on both.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see more of an Alicia Vikander in the actress. She is cute.

The title initially through me off from watching this show but I caught a brief preview and it intrigued me. It certainly has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer vibe to it. If you did not like that show, you most likely will not like this one. The effects are done well enough with a nice Diablo like demon. I also enjoy the explanation of things despite the religious aspect. Reason is given for why things work the way they do. I am only 2 episodes in but will keep watching it for now.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Watched this because of what you guys said about it. My only complaint was how it ended. It kinda felt like it was jumping the shark in the last episode and I had trouble following what they were hinting at. But I guess the whole season was just to set up the action for season 2? Maybe the action for the entire series?

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats my only complaint so far. We're watching one of the last few episodes as I type this. There just really isnt a lot of action for what it was advertised as. Very few special effect moments etc. Still a good little show, just a bit underwhelming.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that I have watched the entire season, I can say that the show was pretty good. It is not super action packed but when the action comes, it is done well. The cliffhanger was a "Must be a 2nd season coming" kind of cliffhanger that leaves the viewer with a bit of blue ball syndrome. I was bummed at the end(My largest complaint with the show) only because I wanted to finally see the warrior nun fight with a new acceptance to what her role was. It would be like watching the Matrix and having it end just as Neo revives. I wanted the payout scene dammit. That said, I will certainly watch season two when/if it comes out.

I give it a 3.0 only because the cliffhanger was a bit harsh and the action scenes were to spread out and infrequent. The story was well done.

• 1Like

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now that I have watched the entire season, I can say that the show was pretty good. It is not super action packed but when the action comes, it is done well. The cliffhanger was a "Must be a 2nd season coming" kind of cliffhanger that leaves the viewer with a bit of blue ball syndrome. I was bummed at the end(My largest complaint with the show) only because I wanted to finally see the warrior nun fight with a new acceptance to what her role was. It would be like watching the Matrix and having it end just as Neo revives. I wanted the payout scene dammit. That said, I will certainly watch season two when/if it comes out.

I give it a 3.0 only because the cliffhanger was a bit harsh and the action scenes were to spread out and infrequent. The story was well done.
This about covers my reaction as well. Serious blue balling on the end of the season. That said, it had some pretty memorable parts.

Mary punting Ava off the cliff had me cracking up, though. Mary had some of the best moments.

I'm very curious to know what happens to Lilith and if Michael will return, especially since they've heavily implied that heaven and hell are the same place in another dimension, and going there changes you fundamentally. Lilith's clearly been infused with whatever energy originates there, and divinium's origin seemed pretty spelled out as well. It made me wonder if Adriel can control Michael at will, or will use him to do more thefts from the other side.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, this was pretty decent. Very atypical.
very slow pacing that was not expected at all.

yeah, Lilith being half demon from being stabbed is a bit expected. Michael controled via divininaim in his body, as Adriel stated he was connected to his armor.
I really liked how the Science lady was so up in the air on being the villain or not.
Not a fan of yet another show where the church is the villain. Even when the Cardinal is not actually guilty, still a dick, the pastor was guilty, and they did abuse the "angel".
and on the same front, yet another Catholic show where, all Catholic beliefs are wrong. Angels aren't real. just a Planeswalker wizard who stole a halo shaped weapon from another wizard, who now sends demon shaped fire golems, and smoke mephits after him.

I don't think "heaven" and "hell" are the same place. Micheal mentioned the other door, etc.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'll have to give it another shot since we're mostly on the same page about shows / movies and the first two episodes involved house chores while not paying attention. It just seemed boring.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This show was a nice slow burn with decent action. It really leaves you with a WTF and wanting more with the ending though. Plus being interested in the lore cuz the Heaven/Hell genre stuff is appealing to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm halfway through this, and it is decent. I'll finish it anyway. The lead actress being super cute definitely helps. The tranny doesn't even really bother me, since I could see a tranny being with a bunch of slackers/grifters with superiority complexes like that. And aside from one "trust me girl, I understand trying to find yourself" comment, it doesn't even matter that it is a tranny. Well, so far anyway, hopefully that doesn't change.

I agree with the comments that it would be nice if there was more action, but so far it is ok. Some fairly trope-ish characters, but I'm not expecting Shakespeare here, so if I get a few more boob shots of the main actress, that will probably be enough. She got some big ol' hooters!

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Which one's the tranny? Is that the one who was supposed to get the halo? Cause I thought so too. Maybe that's why the halo 'chose' a dead girl instead?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Which one's the tranny? Is that the one who was supposed to get the halo? Cause I thought so too. Maybe that's why the halo 'chose' a dead girl instead?
No. It played the character named Chanel, one of the 4 thieves.

• 1Like
  • 1Blown

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm halfway through this, and it is decent. I'll finish it anyway. The lead actress being super cute definitely helps. The tranny doesn't even really bother me, since I could see a tranny being with a bunch of slackers/grifters with superiority complexes like that. And aside from one "trust me girl, I understand trying to find yourself" comment, it doesn't even matter that it is a tranny. Well, so far anyway, hopefully that doesn't change.

I agree with the comments that it would be nice if there was more action, but so far it is ok. Some fairly trope-ish characters, but I'm not expecting Shakespeare here, so if I get a few more boob shots of the main actress, that will probably be enough. She got some big ol' hooters!

There is nothing in the show that even points to her as a tranny really. Which is refreshing. Unlike the tranny girl on Supergirl where they have to point it out every episode.

• 2Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
There is nothing in the show that even points to her as a tranny really. Which is refreshing. Unlike the tranny girl on Supergirl where they have to point it out every episode.

I laughed pretty hard at that one when he got the superpower that's supposed to pass from mother to daughter. Then I stopped laughing when I read up and found out it was a real tranny. But only for a moment then I started laughing again. I also laugh at the romance with brainy. I always think 'is it that he's emotionless, or can he not get the tranny thing out of his head?' I thought they did pretty good with that, but I skip a lot of supergirl episodes so maybe I just don't see them forcing that tranny cock down our throats like you do.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database