Watch Dogs: Legion

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think all of the updates for this were being posted in console and other threads (unless I'm just completely and utterly failing to use search properly), so starting this.

Older threads/games:
Watch Dogs
Watch Dogs 2

Legion is on PS4, Xbox One, PC (including UPLAY+), and Stadia on 10/29.

Story Trailer

'Watchdogs 101' PR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft:

I was still going to give the game a shot on Uplay+ this month but they dropped this bomb a couple days ago:
Speaking in a Reddit AMA, the game's live producer Lathieeshe Thillainathan answered a number of questions about the returning character, who'll be added as post-launch DLC. Thillainathan made clear that, "Aiden can replay the full game and will have a dedicated DLC with Wrench. You don't need to finish the DLC to play as Aiden in the single player story."

Asked how Aiden will slot into the main campaign given that he's a set character - unlike Legion's NPC-recruited protagonists - Thillainathan explained that he'll be treated like any other character, but will have his personality and character written into the main campaign's cutscenes:

"Aiden will be treated as another member of the team. We are writing the full single player story again with [Aiden's] personality. When you replay the main missions again, Aiden will be integrated into all the original cinematics."

Aiden will be added alongside three other playable characters - Wrench from Watch Dogs 2, Darcy, an Assassin, and Mina, a victim of transhuman experiements who has psychic powers.

No way I'm playing it with a bunch of rando characters when I know Aiden will be added later on, and not just as a tacked on gimmick either. Wrench was basically the only tolerable character in all of WD2 so that's a plus too. The AC cross-over and someone with psychic powers is jumping the shark a bit though.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What are the odds of this not sucking? I preordered it awhile back when Amazon had it for $40, but I’m definitely leaning towards cancelling it at this point.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So can people sub to Uplay+ to play both this and AC: Valhalla for about a month before inevitably moving on to Cyberpunk? Seems like a good deal for 14.99 if so.

Vorph

Assuming you don't fuck around, sure. 10/29-11/9 to get through WDL, then 11/10-11/18 to beat ACV.

I think it's for the best that playing WDL before the DLC is out sounds like a terrible idea. Not sure I could handle that much Ubisoft all at once.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got this for free when buying the RTX 3080 but still not sure if I want to play it. Don't really like you play multiple characters.

I enjoyed WD1 back in the day but could never get through WD2.

Vorph

I got this for free when buying the RTX 3080 but still not sure if I want to play it. Don't really like you play multiple characters.

I enjoyed WD1 back in the day but could never get through WD2.
You should probably take the same approach I'm going to then. Wait for Aiden DLC so you can play the main story as him instead of a bunch of random NPCs.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i don't think the Aiden DLC will help you that much, the game seems to force jumping characters at certain points, i'd be surprised if you could play the entire game as a single character. also afaik if a character dies (or jailed?) they are gone forever

If you just wanna fuck around with the game and play on console, gamestop has two deals going on for this game and Cyberpunk for Pro members - get $20 in rewards if you preorder and pay off before release, and guaranteed to love which lets you trade in the game for $59.99 store credit within 48 hours (opened).

i'm pretty sure this game is gonna be a generic as hell Ubisoft game though, like with all the Ubisoft levers (capture towers, crap combat, clearing sectors, etc) dialed up to 10

Vorph

i don't think the Aiden DLC will help you that much, the game seems to force jumping characters at certain points, i'd be surprised if you could play the entire game as a single character. also afaik if a character dies (or jailed?) they are gone forever

If you just wanna fuck around with the game and play on console, gamestop has two deals going on for this game and Cyberpunk for Pro members - get $20 in rewards if you preorder and pay off before release, and guaranteed to love which lets you trade in the game for $59.99 store credit within 48 hours (opened).

i'm pretty sure this game is gonna be a generic as hell Ubisoft game though, like with all the Ubisoft levers (capture towers, crap combat, clearing sectors, etc) dialed up to 10
"Aiden will be treated as another member of the team. We are writing the full single player story again with [Aiden's] personality. When you replay the main missions again, Aiden will be integrated into all the original cinematics."

It's possible there will be missions you have to do that his skills aren't really suited for, but everything else in the main story is supposed to be retooled specifically for him.

Aazrael

Installed it today (free copy from the 3080 purchase). Had a good start when the computer BSOD when I accepted the Anit Cheat popup... Worked the second time I tried but I don't know. The whole play a random citizen thing isn't working for me. The starter characters all looked boring. Will wait for the Aiden DLC but might just skip this game, it looks kinda dated graphic wise as well.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I had several crashes but blamed the VPN for them. Looking forward to getting back into it. Wife taking my 3080 copy since I'm a subscription junkie, I'm not sure I'm a fan of starting with a few good recruits though. Could always start a permadeath run and suicide them right off the bat or something.

Are people playing with permadeath on, or nah?

This game murders my 2700x, benchmarks blame it for most of my shortcomings.

Vorph

The character system seems somewhat better than I expected (but still far less so than just playing as Aiden) but their face generator alone makes me not want to play the game. Going to sub to Uplay+ again for AC:V anyway though, so I'll at least give it a try I suppose. Should be interesting to see how it performs on my hardware if nothing else.

Aazrael

I got a Ryzen 3700x, RTX 3080 and 32GB RAM at 3600mhz.

Ultra Settings, DLSS on Quality with 100% Extra details and Raytraced Reflections on Ultra --> 40 FPS.
Ultra Settings, DLSS on Quality with 0% Extra details and Raytraced Reflections Off --> 48-60 FPS.
High Settings, DLSS off with 0% Extra details and Raytraced Reflections Off --> 55-65FPS
High Settings, DLSS onQuality with 0% Extra details and Raytraced Reflections Off --> 55-65FPS

Seems to hover at 50-65 FPS whatever settings I use. And this is just the starting street they put you in.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There are gameready drivers out for this. Give them a try. It's an ubisoft game though so don't expect good performance regardless.

• 1Like

Aazrael

There are gameready drivers out for this. Give them a try. It's an ubisoft game though so don't expect good performance regardless.
Gave them a try, didn't change all too much, this game feels really badly optimized. Can barely break 60fps on high settings.

Also, after watching a bunch of Cyberpunk stuff the character models look really bad in comparison. :p

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I updated my driver and the game looks a LOT better. It's more than playable (this is at 5120x1440), just want it to look more gooder. Will have to keep tweaking.

1604000453558.png

Vorph

If you decide to try this out, a word of advice: the first recruit you get is a hacker type and the premium pack (included with Season Pass and the Uplay+ version) comes with yet another hacker, a sneaky dude, and another dude more suited to a loud frontal assault. So maybe don't do what I did and choose a guy with hacking skills as your starter if you're looking for variety in your crew.

Aazrael

Patch downloaded today but it didn't do anything for me at least. DLSS is just broken, not a single FPS is gained by turning it on. in Shadows of the Tomb Raider I got like 15-25 more fps from DLSS.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I definitely saw an improvement enabling it. I haven't played with the patch yet tho